6.7 pistons for racing

srt cummins

Been looking and really can't find much. Going to build a 6.7 for drag racing and little street use. So what would you run for pistions? Steel. That's coated aluminum or forged? Want it done right the first time don't really matter on price. Looking around 1,000+ hp.

Not much choices out there other then Stock pistons. Only aftermarket right now would be any of the aftermarket Forged Aluminum pistons like Ross or Arias or Mahle.

Ok. Well I'm just getting ready for my build would it be better to switch to 03-04 pistions and injectors what else would I have to change?

You have to use 6.7 pistons, 03-04 is the worng bore size. The combustion chamber is the same in the 6.7 as the 03-04 anyway just a larger bore dia.

Ok. So then is a cummins teflon coated better then mahle pistipn that has been teflon coated or will it be the same.

I have a set of new 6.7 cummins pistons for sale. They are cummins non emission pistons. They have bowl that is very similar to the 04-07 5.9 pistons. A wide and shallow bowl design.

I am using later 6.7 stock pistons, which have the 03 bowl design. I am going to get them coated and go with that,, more important with the rods in my opinion

I have a set of new 6.7 cummins pistons for sale. They are cummins non emission pistons. They have bowl that is very similar to the 04-07 5.9 pistons. A wide and shallow bowl design.

Do you happen to have a part number so I don't have to bother Snege to dig for one? what are you looking to get out of your set? do they have rings and pins?

remember with a racing piston there is no keystone reforcement land on the piston. A forged racing piston is just that, racing only. Seen a few melt this season, probably easiler than the stock piston would have.

I know monster pump mike has a 2 piece steel piston for the 6.7 if you wanna do something like that

Back