6.7 rail pressure stuck at 11,000 at idle

Cummins6.7trip

ok guys new to comp Diesel but I need help from you experienced diesel tecks. So here it goes I have a 07 dodge 6.7 an one day it started missing a little an till I made it home from work it had gotten worse an threw the cel p0303. Next I switched the injector from cylinder 3 to 4 an it stayed at 3, but when I started the truck up after doing that the rail pressure ran out of control it was like 27,000 at a idle mean while the truck is still missing. So I called a buddy that has a snap-on computer to scan it but when he came the idle dropped way down it was fluctuating from 4,000 - 7,000 still missing. And he thought to changed the cp3 so my brother has a 08 all stock 6.7 an he let me brorrow his truck for a week I switched the cp3, cam sensor no change it was still 4-7 at idle. but the last time I fired it up it starting running wild again. After being pissed off I figured that it wasn't nothing I changed so I was going to put my brothers truck back to gather an pull the head off my truck cause I think my heads cracked or a intake valve seat is bad. After putting his 08 back to gather it started up idled fine an then I got in it to take it home an it had no power so I put my edge cts on it to look at the rail pressure an it said 11,000 at idle an to the floor it only hits 13,000. So it was fine before I swaped the cp3 to my truck an back so my question is to you guys how to fix it an what could be wrong with mine cause I guess it messed up the 08 cp3. Im just out of option an now I have two broken trucks on my hands.

Stuck fca possibly. Had one on my old truck in sig go out and was spiking 29k with my dual pumps nonstop at idle or under load. Sounded like a 7.3 so naturally loved the sound, but knew it was not good.

I put the FCA from my truck the 07 on it last night an it was no different unless they both are stuck. the only code it throws is P000f. just weird how it was fine till I put his pump on my truck. know any way to test the fca to tell if it's good or bad

the reason I think my head is cracked cause I can hear it threw the intake sounding like its pushing air back threw.

So last night did some of the trouble shooting procedures from 06 diesel's old thread an it turned out being the FCA. So I thank you guys there now I guess ill just have to figure out why my 07 is making the FCA's go bad. Due to funds being low an going to work out of town it will be a while till I get the head off.

So if anybody has ever heard of a truck making FCA's stick let me know thanks.

Glad you were able to figure it out, sounds like a wiring issue to me, a short or the like, Ohm out the FCA plug on the harness, see my thread for what it should read and go from there. If you need a new plug contact Jeff (Snedge) on here for the part, he is the go to Cummins parts supplier.

Back