625s and mls

twinmega06

master debater
Whats the word so far, they holding? I have the standard 2000s and mls gasket and at about 70+ psi the head lifts. Im in the mid 800 range and want to see if there worth the money. A couple guys around here have done the o rings and are still having coolant seepage at high boost. Any input is appreciated.

I have made a 1000 plus with ARP2000 and MLS gasket, I like the 625's for the safty factor. I send out a lot of them now so it seems a lot of people like them

625's and an MLS Seems to work well. I dont think it'll work as well as O-rings with a 12v marine gasket and 625's but it'll work!

The difference is really the 625's night and day difference when torquing them down compared to the 2000's. O-rings done correctly are better than the mls, but the mls with 625's will hold 1000 hp, Lloyd Mills has been there and done that. I have O-rings done by the best in the business and with 2000's the head lifts at 70 psi like you and I get coolant loss, pulled the head, replaced gasket and now have 625's, and gonna let her eat at 80 psi.

Anybody else running the 625s thats turning alot of boost? Need some more feedback.

I can let you know after a few more hooks to the sled but thats gonna be a while out here.

Joe

What about if you are running 100+ lbs of boost,, orings and 625's or could a person get away with the 2000's and orings and do a bunch of retorques?

I've hit 90psi a few times... 80-85 is common...

I'm running ARP 2000's torqued to 130 with MLS and have had no signs of lifting or distress. I'll keep my fingers crossed in the mean time.

i am running rings and standard arp 2000's pushing north of 90 psi daily and no problems yet.

Back