64 or 66 turbo

Its been done on my brothers truck with a 64/71

Cali trucks don't coun't!LOL

I wasn't meaning to say it was impossible. Just not easy, and not something you can just run out and duplicate with a handful of parts, and not much of a tow rig, which is an ability I ASSume people want in a DD, because I do. (Hey, if I want something, everyone else must too huh?LOL)

How many of you guys are actually daily driving a single turbo 12v in the 700hp range? It's not smokey and laggy, there's no problem with egt's, you can still tow with it.

To answer the original question, the 64/71/14 is a hard turbo to beat for a 12v. Have you priced a BD Super B Special? They seem to be the best value and the dowpipe and clamp are included in the kit.

A 64-71 is by far the best all around streetable turbo. Quick spool and very managable egts with great power increase (with the right fueling setup). I have tried a 62, 64, 66 comp wheels with all differnt turbine wheel sizes and turbine housings. The 64-71.80 worked the best for me.

my buddy has a 98.5 24v with a silver bullet and lots of fuels. he put down 555/1054 and ran 11.3s at the track at around 115mph. i don't like driving his truck around town though. way too laggy and you have to manually shift it. i got the silver 64 for my truck and should be getting my motor back together in the next couple weeks. we'll see how that goes though.

Back