650 hp build 12 valve streetable

high toned sob

No Smoke
HI all
I am shooting for 650hp out of my truck, but it needs to be streetable. The truck will be used to tow every now and then (10,000lbs max) and just be a hot street truck. It is a 98 qc 12 valve longbed 1 ton 4x4.
I have a set of New Era 370's, and a he351 I'd like to use for a twins build. I have bumped timing to 16 degrees now. I am currently running the hx35, but I think the 351 would be better for twins. I planned on boring out the wastegate to 1", and will be building the set myself. I have my current exhaust manifold, also anewer common rail manifold, but I think i will build one. I am currently running a 4" downpipe to 5 inch stacks, but would like to go to a 5"dp and 6" stacks. Possibly a small shot of nitrous later on, but wouldn't be anything more than a 100 shot.

Can I run 18* year round?
What diameter pipe would be best (for exhaust manifold)?
What bottom turbo would be best?
Do I need a cam or will stock do?
Marine head gasket and studs should be fine?
I plan on 4k gsk and valveprings, who's are best?
I will probably cut a 10 plate then start to try and tune from there.

Thanks everyone,
Mike

Can I run 18* year round?
YES, It may start a LITTLE harder in the winter but nothing horrible.

What bottom turbo would be best?
Not necessarily the best, but a good stand by, the HT3B/HX35 combo.

Do I need a cam or will stock do?
A cam will give you better spool-up and street manners, along with better mid range & top end, if you get the right one. You can easily make 650HP with a stock cam, but the power is more usable IMO with an aftermarket cam

Marine head gasket and studs should be fine?
You need at least an o-ringed cylinder head for a reliable gasket seal.

I plan on 4k gsk and valveprings, who's are best?
We run Peak Diesel's 4K GSK, its probably what all the others sold are as well. The 60LB springs work just fine, though there are better options out there, we are very impressed with the Hamilton valve spring/retainer combo, but they are a bit more pricey than the 60LB springs.

Back