6cyl to 8cyl governor swap ?

hi folks, i got a "core" 160hp p7100 series p-pump. im wondering what kind of specialty tools/knowledge is required to perform the governor / afc swap?

i did some searching and reading and i mainly found info on GSK stuff...not so much actual unit instal or removals....did i miss something?

basically here is what i have:

6835EAF6-ED18-4CBD-BD21-8EBEF7966D1C-6206-000005F3BF39A449.jpg

here is the core pump (sticking plungers ?):

DA66BC75-AC67-4D6B-A2B5-A8FBF8CAC0B1-6206-000005F3C675CF0F.jpg

and here is where i need the governor...on my brand new pump:

27E67F69-B4AD-4812-AD3F-9E0F44B27B9B-6206-000005F3CEBDE046.jpg

any good links / pics / or suggestions would be awesome...or if i should just take it to a fuel shop and let them do it.

THANKS

Best advise I could give is start by calling a GOOD pump shop like Northeast or Scheid or Columbus.

Can You post 8cyl pump part number from dataplate?

Visually it do not look like P7100( but it's similar) and the governod might not fit.

If you have to ask then you have no business attempting this. This isn't a do it yourself kinda thing. Take it to some body that knows what they are doing.

Def not a DIY job there, you should have a reputable pump shop take care of it for you...

This thread is making me want to tear my core P3000 apart just to see how it comes apart. I can't believe that it's that bad. If I do I'll post some pics for you to see how it comes apart.

This thread is making me want to tear my core P3000 apart just to see how it comes apart. I can't believe that it's that bad. If I do I'll post some pics for you to see how it comes apart.

I have lots of pictres how to disassemble the P-pump, but no time to create topic

It will fit guys, don't worry about that :Cheer:

Edit: It is a 7000 series as well...this can be seen by looking at the soft plugs in the side, the barrel height, dv holder style, and barrel hold downs. :Cheer:

Last edited:
It will fit guys, don't worry about that :Cheer:

Edit: It is a 7000 series as well...this can be seen by looking at the soft plugs in the side, the barrel height, dv holder style, and barrel hold downs. :Cheer:

And here's the man with the plan! Wondering when you'd chime in

Back