7.3 Power Stroke wins Johnson City

Turnin a couple RPM's there Cody.

Get it fuelin all the way up and she'll sound mean! Good job, love the truck.

Yeah I was hurting the 4k mark on the tach. Not sure if I wanna fuel much more. I wanna look at a gear change, or more agressive tires. I hooked 7 or 8 times today. Tried 4th a few times, but just couldn't pull it. I say no more fuel because I just don't wanna push the motor too far and start having breakage. At least not yet. I know it's coming, but I wanna put it off as long as possible. And thanks for the props.

What's keepin you outa 4th?

I don't remember what you're runnin for injectors, are you just not gettin the bottom end to take off in 4th?

238/200's I just don't have the hp to pull it I guess. LOL As soon as the clutch would start lockin' up, it would nose over.

Well, stroke the IP's to 300, or put some taller gears in it lol.

Stroking the injector is probably cheaper though. Plenty of stock bottom's holding 300's lately too.

Either way, love the truck man. Keep it up!

That track looks like the great dust bowl. Haven't they ever heard of watering tracks down there?

Yeah, it's always pretty dusty there. They try to keep it wet, but the ground is very hard and being 100* with wind, it was a losing battle trying to keep moisture in it.

Looks good. I think you need a little higher gear and maybe some more traction and it would do much better.

Eric

Yeah, I'm looking at both. Those were in 3rd gear. I tried 4th 3 times and it nosed over all three times. But this is only my second event with the truck, and I'm still learning it. We just installed a custom Valair sintered iron double disk Dan built for me. So it was different than the first event. And also, this was the first time to hang weight. So I'm still learning the truck. But I agree 100%, gear and traction are in order.

What about 2nd hi? Im sure it would be harder on stuff though. Might want to go slightly lower on the axles so you can run 4th low since that would be direct.

I'm running 235/85/16 tires...stock size. And 4:10 gears.

Don't think I wanna mess with 2nd hi. Gotta remember, I've got the small input shaft with the ZF5. I'm just gonna keep trying different things to pull 4th low. Prolly end up going with a 4:56 or something like that. Or balls aggressive tires and 3rd. LOL It's a work in progress.

Back