89 Chevy 3500 Cummins mounts

Signature600

THA MAN!
Did a quick search around here, and also on Google...Anyone know of a good engine mount I can buy to save some time on doing a Cummins conversion on a 1989 Chevy 3500 2wd?

Tried Tennessee Diesel Conversions, they're out of stock, and haven't replied in a week about when they might make more, so phuck them, wouldn't buy them now anyway if they can't return an email.

I know I can build them, but I would really like to just drop the darn thing in and save myself the time.

Thanks in advance
Chris

Look up William Pott's on Facebook he run's The Syndicate Chop Shop (has a FB page), and he also runs GM Square Body Cummins Swap page.

He sells engine mounts and cross members, and he also does swaps for people.

Is this why the blue and white chevy is sitting outside the shop?

i've been known to make a set now and then. bolts right to the stock chevy mounts.

3 piece bolt in cross member and engine mounts $500 shipped.

attachment.php

Attachments

• chop shop.jpg
    chop shop.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
i've been known to make a set now and then. bolts right to the stock chevy mounts.

Any idea if they'll work on a 2wd??

I'm not on facebook, so thanks for posting a screenshot. I'll shoot them an email.

Thanks!!
Chris

haven't tried them in a 2wd yet, but should pretty much be the same. I think you have to notch the crossmember for the oilpan on a 2wd. on the 4x4 we just build a new tubular crossmember under it. can't really put the motor any higher than I have it already, but I used the factory chevy crossmember in the rear for the nv4500 so works pretty well. what trans are you going to run?

Auto World sells Cummins conversion mounts for Chevy's using 1st gen mounts.
They have a web site, nice folks to deal with.

Last edited:
haven't tried them in a 2wd yet, but should pretty much be the same. I think you have to notch the crossmember for the oilpan on a 2wd. on the 4x4 we just build a new tubular crossmember under it. can't really put the motor any higher than I have it already, but I used the factory chevy crossmember in the rear for the nv4500 so works pretty well. what trans are you going to run?

47RH

Auto World sells Cummins conversion mounts for Chevy's using 1st gen mounts.
They have a web site, nice folks to deal with.

From what I've read about theirs, it makes the engine pretty tall and forward enough you can't even attempt to use the manual fan. Maybe this is older info, as it looks like they make cross members now you have to change.

Chris

I ran a 47rh before I went to the nv4500. I run the mechanical fan on mine.
the head on mine is pretty close to the firewall. can't put the motor any higher unless you move it forward, then you lose the mechanical fan. I can try to take some pics in the morning if you'd like to see it.

Last edited:
I bought mine from gmcuminsconversions.com (and it is spelled with one m) and I'm very happy with my mounts. I'm using them in an 88 R3500 2wd and didn't have to trim or cut anything to make the engine fit.

I'll have to dig up the site. Worked OK, should have just built them. Oh well, it's running fine, he's tickled with how we did everything.

Chris

Back