89 crank but no start

dsl kicks gas

Runnin on Broke
im working on a 89, i guess the guys son tried to turn it up, he took the top half off the pump and kinked the gasekt(easy fix i thoguht) the truck ran but leaked fuel and had no power. so i took the top back off(gov spring , top hat, and everything was hooked up right) put a new gasket on it andjusted the fuel scred and bottemed out the afc now it will crank but not start. im getting fuel at all 6 injectors, it hasnt even hit or tried to run on its own yet. this is the 5th or 6th first gen i have done and never ran in to that befor.....i mostly work on p-pumped and 24v trucks so any help is appricated.

Does the shut-off solenoid have power?

Are you sure that the fuel adjustment screw is in as far or farther than it was?

Could have the throttle shaft gotten moved to a different tooth in the throttle lever?

got it running today, it was a bad conection on the shut off soloniod, but the fuel leak is comming from the shut off lever, it runs like crap sounds like the timing as way way off, from what i have read the kbt or what ever you call it controles the timing, i guess if thete is a leak on the pump the kbt may not be getting the pressure it needs.......im at a loss here. i talked to the owner and he said to go ahead and have the pump rebuilt.....

Back