911!!!!!! trans help needeed

NOVICOUPE

I have a 1997 F-350 crew with an E40D.It has 101,000 miles.It is bone stock.I have only had the truck for a couple of months.I have had no problems at all until now.I towed with it for the second time.!st was my 20ft. open steel car trailer with only a very small crab apple tree to my grand parents a couple miles away.Well today I hauled 25 sheets of 4'x8'x 5/8' drywall about 5 miles to my sister in laws and then helped a buddy get his wife's car that was 5 miles away from my in laws and brought it home.It was mainly interstate and less that 20 miles.I did about 75mph the whole way home with at the time seemed like no problems.Well when we got the car to my buddies we saw a small trail of fluid.He asked me if I had the A/C on and I said no.Well I looked under the truck and see fluind puddling up under the front of the truck.I crawl under the truck and it is coming out of the inspection pan on the tranny I wipe some up with my finger and smell it .Well of course it is tranny fluid.I drive the trailer 2 miles and drop it off then 1 mile to pick my 1 son up from school and the tranny flud is still running out and puddling up.I drive 1/2 mile home and park the truck.I pull the trans dip stick and it appears to be way full, at the top of the waffle part with H on it.The tranny seemed to shift fine the whole time I was pulling and even after I noticed the trans leaking.What could be going on?I am totally freaked out and do not want to have to sink money into my very new to me truck.I do not have an after market tranny cooler.No temp gauge and I did pull in OD the whole way home.I figured those would be some of the questions asked. What could be going on thanks for any replies ahead of time.

was it milky? maybe its filling up with coolant. also.... i have seen it where the pump go bad and it makes the fluid level go high on the stick. eventually itll pump out the dip stick if it makes it that far. im not a tranny guy but that is what ive seen. had both scenarios happen to me in our farm truck 92 f350 e40d tranny and once in an old chevy 4x4.

re

I searched a bunch of forums on the E4OD and this seems to be somewhat common when you overheat the tranny.The fluid expands and pushes through the front seal.I figured I would be ok with the load I was towing but I must have been way wrong.I have driven the truck several times since then.Once well over 20 miles.I have not had the same thing happen since and the tranny feels as if it shifting the same as before this happened to me.I will be putting a very large tranny cooler on next week.Thanks NOVICOUPE

Back