92 7.3 at work with glow system problem need help please

jon28

hey guys me and my dad run our own shop and we've worked on a few 6.9 and early 7.3 non turbo's but this one has us baffled.... when you turn the key on the wait to start will illuminate, then shut right off a second to a falf a second later the more you try it. i have ohm tested the harness and found a few bad fusible links and replaced those, as well as all 8 glow plugs that ohm tested bad from previous mechanic trying to jump them with 12v directly and blowing them, i have also replaced the control relay behind the intake because the original was melted, i just cant figure out why now it wont glow i have voltage everywhere i'm supposed to by all the tests, so any help i'd greatly!!! appreciate, thanks guys

jon

hey guys me and my dad run our own shop and we've worked on a few 6.9 and early 7.3 non turbo's but this one has us baffled.... when you turn the key on the wait to start will illuminate, then shut right off a second to a falf a second later the more you try it. i have ohm tested the harness and found a few bad fusible links and replaced those, as well as all 8 glow plugs that ohm tested bad from previous mechanic trying to jump them with 12v directly and blowing them, i have also replaced the control relay behind the intake because the original was melted, i just cant figure out why now it wont glow i have voltage everywhere i'm supposed to by all the tests, so any help i'd greatly!!! appreciate, thanks guys

jon

The 93 glow plug system measured amps going to the plugs, the lower the amps ment the hotter the plug is, so the relay will shut off.
If its shuting off quickly some glow plugs are either bad or not making connection. We have found that most all aftermarket plugs for this truck dont work properly. We only use MOTORCRAFT they seem to be the only ones that work right. Autolites are not motorcraft dont waste your time on them.

Back