95 12valve help with the charging system

DEZLFREK

my licence plate says it
ok so my moms 95 started dropping the tack and charging system on her way back from idaho hunting earlier this year and went use the truck a couple weeks ago. needless to say the tach wouldnt work and it wasnt charging. so they replaced the alternator, the crank/tack pickup, the ecm and grounds, and its still not charging, the tack still wont work and the ac wont either..
what could it be now? its a new ecm from chrysler, tried two different alternators and 3 different tach pickups... we are lost.*bdh*:nail:

Check the crank sensor harness where it goes around the front cover, I've seen a few with frayed wires there.

Adam, maybe try swapping the automatic shutdown relay. Have you checked for power and grounds at the pcm, 5 volts at the crank sensor? We've got a couple 94-95 PCM's at the shop if you want to try them. Let me know if you need any diagrams too.

I would put my money on if I remember right the third or fourth prong over on the top row on the computer on passenger side under the hood. or that wire having a short that goes to that prong it is a ground and if that doesn't get contact you tach and alt will not work or read on the dash.

Back