96 dodge problems

2wd_sled_puller

K&P Diesel House
I have a 96 dodge with a nv4500 tranny thats got a 241dld transfer case. The problem im having is if u are driving the truck and its under accleration its fine when i level off to a certain speed it popps like hell when its popps it jars the whole truck almost like something in the drivetrain is trying to bind up . When i am going 50 - 65 mph the truck has a very bad virbraition in the gear shifter no matter if u have it in 4th or 5th gear or u take the gear shifter and put in neutral. The transfer went out about a week ago and we put a new range fork the upgraded clip and the speedo thing in it. This time it exploded so we put a whole new 241 dld case in it. Whats going on with these transfer cases. I have checked the rear end had all new fluid put in it and seen no metal shavings for my virbration problem. Pulled all plugs off tranny and all checked out well. This thing has me lost please help

So now the truck has a tottally differnt transfer case in it with the same danm promblem.

there was a run of iron housings that weren't machined true... just making sure you didn't have one on your truck

if you had a busted spider gear or something, you could see the issue by pulling the rear cover and visually inspecting the rear

not to hijack this thread but I've been having a loud pop and clank taking off from a stop or turning sharp I think mine maybe in the rear but been too lazy to pull the cover:bang

not to hijack this thread but I've been having a loud pop and clank taking off from a stop or turning sharp I think mine maybe in the rear but been too lazy to pull the cover:bang

I'd definately just keep driving it untill it leaves you stranded

Vibration pops etc can be caused by U-Joints. I've had bad u-joints in trucks plague me for weeks thinking the tranny was coming apart or the t-case only to have the u-joint finally fly apart and realize that it was the untrackable culprit.

So check your u-joints asap.

I was gonna say check the u-joints too.

U joints are brandnew so i know that aint the problem. And as far as the leaving u walking part thats already happy the old tcase exploded going 65 mph boy what a fun ride that was. This tcase is doing the same so i kinda wanna get it fixed before i have to purchase another 1200 dollar tcase

Sorry guys i forgot to repost back the problem. The problem was the Tcase needed to be rebuilt. And the vibration was the driveshaft. Didnt notice the driveshaft was shot until i jack the ass end up fired it up and put it in gear. Thanks for all yalls help

Back