35 psi fuel pressure when key on

Fuel shut off tied up

Timing re set to 14 degrees and re checked

Fuel at injectors

Fuel pressure drops when cranking to almost zero

Airdog pump new filters

Any ideas as im about to torch it

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I had this same issue on a 12v truck I was going to buy for the engine. Wouldn’t fire to save its life and I checked everything like you have.

Shot a little ether to it and fired right off every time like it should. I walked away from that one. Will yours start with ether?

97s had problems with the sending unit in the tank breaking..maybe try a sump and ditch the unreliable air hog, make sure the woodruff key is on the shutoff lever and shaft. How is it being timed? Does it try to start?

I have a beans sump on it as for timing im doing it off pump lift its set at .203 lift at tdc

Sis it run before? You didn't time it off number 6 did you?

Fuel pressure dropping to zero while cranking is the key here.
Rig your pump separate from your electrical system with another battery or a capable power supply and give it a try.

Mark.

Also, check to see if the OFV is doing it's job, by building injection pump case pressure.

Mark.

Ran before pulled apart for a headgasket and reseal timed off number one as ive done multiple times mark how can i check the ofv this truck ran before it got a real and a airdog pump it sat for 2 years prior but ran just fine

Ran before pulled apart for a headgasket and reseal timed off number one as ive done multiple times mark how can i check the ofv this truck ran before it got a real and a airdog pump it sat for 2 years prior but ran just fine

Is it just me or does anyone else have trouble reading this? I’m beginning to think it’s because I’m getting older, kind of along the lines of I can’t understand the lyrics to some of the stuff my kids listen to. Do they not teach punctuation anymore? Not one period, comma, or question mark.

Oh, well. Good luck to you.

Put a pair of vice grips on the return line and see if it starts. It essentially keeps the excess fuel from draining back to the tank. If the OFV is shot, then the ip won’t build up pressure to inject at the required pressures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it just me or does anyone else have trouble reading this? Do they not teach punctuation anymore? Not one period, comma, or question mark.

No, you aren’t the only one, trust me. It’s sucks, and I don’t speak ebonics, or jive, or millennial.

Try talking to a Texan, one with a horrid "southern" drawl. :D

Mark.

Back