97 1500 RCSB Race Project - Cage, 4 Link

Signature600

THA MAN!
I'm done. No more dreams of getting it out. It's leaving. Someone please jump on this deal and get yourselves a heck of a nice start.

1997 Southern, no rust (except for the surface rust on the cage of course) 1500 Regular Cab, Shortbed. Joefarmer did the backhalf using some .120" thickness rails we found, and beefed everything in the 4 link up from normal race car parts. Should be plenty strong for whatever you want to throw at it. I think the cage is made from 1-7/8" .095" wall tube, again, a little heavier than most, but wanted strength.

Front axle has some upgraded brake calipers and nice dual piston calipers, but I'm still looking for the brand name on them. Sorry, I'll find the paperwork soon, I'm sure. Has also been cut for deeper spring buckets to lower the front about 2". Rear axle is an AAM 11.5" that has been narrowed enough to fit 34.5x17.5-16" slicks, which I have 3 pairs in varying condition. I think there is still a pair or two you could use for a while. Have a set of 3.42 Yukon gears and a Full Spool to complete the axle, not installed. You'll need to call Moser or Strange and have a set of axles shafts made.

Front and Rear has a set of Real Wheels Racing wheels, 16x16 on the back, and I think 6x15 on the front.

I have the original bedsides, which need some work, but the hood has went MIA over the last 10 years. I'll keep looking for it, again, sorry.

I'll take more pictures tonight, and get the bedsides, and some pictures of all the small parts I have for it. If you want to see anything special, please ask and I can add them here or text/email pictures.

I know what I have put into it, and without some serious help from some others, I'd be even deeper due to some real reamings I took from a couple people doing some cage work.

I'm thinking $3000 OBO. If you think I'm out of line on it, shoot me a message...but price some of this work yourself first. We have some hotshot folks we ship machinery with if you'd like me to see what it would cost to get it to you, or if you aren't too far away, I have trucks and can deliver or meet you with it. I want to see someone take what I started and finish it...it's a heck of a start.

Call/text 740-505-0240 or email at chris@mayerfarmequipment.com

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks for looking, I have some other 12v race parts laying here (13mm pump and sticks) if you want to make it a 12v and need some bigger parts LOL

Chris

That would be an excellent place to put a 440. I'd put it on racing junk.
I would have been interested 10 years ago, but now I'm thinking about retiring and riding of into the sunset.

Looks like a good start for someone. I'll forward it along to some people that aren't too forum saavy.

Could always put a 6.0 LS in it....just saying. You know what to do...maybe put one of them spinny things on it too...heck maybe 2

I've thought about it Bryan...and if no one jumps on it, we'll see. I just don't have the time I want to devote to it really. My passions have moved on from going fast LOL

Chris

Wow, you have had that truck for a long time Chris. Shoulda woulda coulda, good luck my friend

Wow, you have had that truck for a long time Chris. Shoulda woulda coulda, good luck my friend

Yes I have. If only the first cage guy hadn't had it for 3 years I might have still had time to finish it before my real life responsibilities caught up with me :hehe:

Hope you are doing well!
Chris

Well I have officially closed Southern Diesel and I'm 2 years away from retirement. Had some pretty serious health issues and decided to enjoy my time on earth. My sweet bride and I are currently building our retirement home and will celebrate 40 years of wedded bliss the 28th of this month. We found out grand kids are the coolest little humans to be around also. We are living way out in the country next door to my son and a couple of miles from our daughter. I often want to return to a diesel event and see all of the OG people. Lord knows we made a ton of life long friends and I miss ya'll for real. Hell I even asked about the TS event last year I think and was shocked to find out it was no more. I get on here a couple of times a month trying to see whats going on. If yall ever get up a reunion be sure to let me and the Mrs. know. Ya'll take care and stay in touch

You too Gary. I feel the same way, I miss all the good old people that I met here, but I have no interest in going to most diesel events anymore.

Chris

Well I have officially closed Southern Diesel and I'm 2 years away from retirement. Had some pretty serious health issues and decided to enjoy my time on earth. My sweet bride and I are currently building our retirement home and will celebrate 40 years of wedded bliss the 28th of this month. We found out grand kids are the coolest little humans to be around also. We are living way out in the country next door to my son and a couple of miles from our daughter. I often want to return to a diesel event and see all of the OG people. Lord knows we made a ton of life long friends and I miss ya'll for real. Hell I even asked about the TS event last year I think and was shocked to find out it was no more. I get on here a couple of times a month trying to see whats going on. If yall ever get up a reunion be sure to let me and the Mrs. know. Ya'll take care and stay in touch

There is a thread about getting together next year @ Lavon's race. It was a blast this year. Tell Loretta I said hey man.

Back