'97 Oil Consumption

Bobus

Powerstroked
I recently pulled all my injectors out of my '97 F-Super Duty and and put new o-rings on them, I reinstalled injectors and had a Hydro lock issue on the #4 and #8 Cylinders corrected the problem and got it to start but now when I go to start it it has to crank for 30 seconds or so before i Get Oil Pressure, then it just pops to life and runs with a miss..I can run it for how ever long I want, but once i shut it down (No matter how much time) It has to do an awful lot of crankin before my oil pressure comes up and then it fires up again... ALSO .. it is consuming mass amounts of oil (like a quart during a 5min run time) Smokes terrible (smells of burning oil) I figure the two problems are related, But did I screw something up when it hydro locked, or did I mess up a O-ring during install..any suggestions would be great... Also what O-ring on the injector would i most likely be my culprit? Thanks

it seems like an o ring on the injectors letting oil past it into the fuel pressuring both ports with oil before pressure can be enough to pop off check all o rings and re torque check your hydro locked cylinder first if you have a scoop when injector out check cylinder walls for evident of broken rings or cracks due to hydro lock probably okay but just to be safe that more so happen when it hydro locks while running check seals on both cylinders and re torque if you find something funny you probably fixed your problem

Back