98.5-02 Heater core without swivel tubes?

dzlfarmboy

Supporting Vendor
Anyone have a good source for heater cores that have fixed tubes and not the cheap ones that swivel with O-ring crimped seals?

Seems every source I have checked has ones that swivel.

Thanks Brett

I'm sure Dodge could help you out. Get ready to spend $$$

I just replaced mine a couple weeks ago and I soon understood why we get leaky heater cores. The parts stores sell suck cheaply made parts it's crazy. I ended up buying from Napa but went to Oreileys first. The first heater core they gave both tubes just flopped around they weren't tight at all. The second one wasn't much better. So I left and went to Napa. Napa's seemed to have the better quality but of the three I held in my hand but if I did it all over again I would buy from Dodge.

I put a NAPA unit in my '96 three years ago and so far so good. Have put about 50,000 on the truck since then.

the only source of the OE style brass ones that i could find was from local radiator shops. They were no name brands, however one of them I believe was a modine, pretty sure the box was from the mid 90's tho, it came with about 5 inches of dust too.

LMC has them on line without the swivels and I think that they have several different qualities available.

I'm sure Dodge could help you out. Get ready to spend $$$

I just replaced mine a couple weeks ago and I soon understood why we get leaky heater cores. The parts stores sell suck cheaply made parts it's crazy. I ended up buying from Napa but went to Oreileys first. The first heater core they gave both tubes just flopped around they weren't tight at all. The second one wasn't much better. So I left and went to Napa. Napa's seemed to have the better quality but of the three I held in my hand but if I did it all over again I would buy from Dodge.

actually I got mine from the dodge dealership brand new mopar unit. it seemed to be of high quality and was actually cheaper than the ones on ebay. I do not remember the price, I want to say $80 but im not sure, I am only sure it was cheaper than anywhere else.

Back