99' Stroker. Help Please

Polaris169

I own a construction company and we use a 99' 7.3 on a daily basis. The other day it started dripping oil pretty bad. Opened the hood and the intake area had puddles of oil in it. It seems to run just fine other than the oil. I have to have this truck everyday and with the economy and all, I depen on it for my lively hood. It has a175k miles.
A mechanic I know thinks it's a high volume oil pump that he says goes out on them. Another one I know says it's a broken ring.
I don't know anything about a diesel so I'm tryin to find out what I might be looking at here. I'm so nervous because of how much I need this truck and can't afford to have it broke down.
Thank you for any advice or help someone may have.
Dolan

Usually if the whole valley of the motor has oil in it. Its the HPOP line o rings. Common problem. If its just in the back, then its the exhaust back pressure accuator leaking on the pedistal. But more than likely if its alot of oil. Its the o rings. Its a pretty easy fix.

Yep what he said ^. The rod that controls the ebpv (exhaust back pressure valve) goes into the pedistal for the turbo; it has a rubber washer stlye sealer around it that can go bad. Start it up and see if you can see where its coming from.

i have the same problem it sounds like? I have replaced the o rings and had no luck. Although the o ring was bad, My vallys had puddles. The turbo clean, both pressure lines are dry. The hpop seems to be wet on the bottom of it. I'm kinda lost. I just took the intake off fiquring I would find the leak. Nope! Any help

Back