A good night for Drag Racing.

THATpreston

Brush your teeth.
We went up to Clay City KY last night to yam some passes in and to try and cross another idea off Keatings list.

We met up with the Smiths and Eric/Team Scheid. Lots of local street diesels made it as well.

Since it was a test and tune night, track prep was marginal. Especially when folks were breaking motors/trannys at a breakneck pace.

We made 4 passes with a new best ET of 8.73. Had to pull out of one pass otherwise Keating would have put the truck back in the trailer with a shovel. All 3 full passes were 8.7's.

The Smiths wowed the crowd with consistant 10's and a 10.20. It was hard to get close to the truck in the staging lanes with all the people around it.

Eric pulled an 7.7x (can't remember the final digit). I love when that rail comes to life during a burnout. Ran several 7 second runs.

Just when you think the season is over.....

It seriously, seriously sucks having Bandimere shut down in Mid-October!! I wish we lived back there so we could come play with you guys! Ah well... How late do the tracks stay open?

lpreston said:
We went up to Clay City KY last night to yam some passes in and to try and cross another idea off Keatings list.

We met up with the Smiths and Eric/Team Scheid. Lots of local street diesels made it as well.

Since it was a test and tune night, track prep was marginal. Especially when folks were breaking motors/trannys at a breakneck pace.

We made 4 passes with a new best ET of 8.73. Had to pull out of one pass otherwise Keating would have put the truck back in the trailer with a shovel. All 3 full passes were 8.7's.

The Smiths wowed the crowd with consistant 10's and a 10.20. It was hard to get close to the truck in the staging lanes with all the people around it.

Eric pulled an 7.7x (can't remember the final digit). I love when that rail comes to life during a burnout. Ran several 7 second runs.

Just when you think the season is over.....

Great way for all for all of you to wrap up the year. Best to all. Our season is way too short out here, maybe we need to move out there and play.

Y'all all need to move to Houston...where all 3 tracks areopen year round. :poke:

2-1/4 milers and a world class 1/8th mile track.

UNBROKEN said:
Y'all all need to move to Houston...where all 3 tracks areopen year round. :poke:

2-1/4 milers and a world class 1/8th mile track.

Richard, get me a schedule if you can......

I'm game for another trip to Houston, or anyplace with a track. Can't wait for Spring now..... the truck is a just a trans away from where it should be!:evil

Gollonbait said:
Richard, get me a schedule if you can......

I'm game for another trip to Houston, or anyplace with a track. Can't wait for Spring now..... the truck is a just a trans away from where it should be!:evil

Please let me know. I will do a getaway somewhere after the first of the year if the wife knows ahead of time.

lewis, it was great meeting up with you and keating again, hope to do it again soon.:ylsuper:

Back