A4000 vs A5000 Turbo Question

Nail-it

I have a 03 duramax with an A4000 Turbo,85Hp injectors,head studs,Dual CP3,stage 5 Suncoast. I'm thinking of upgrading to an A5000. Does anyone know if it will make that much of a difference in performance. the A4000 spools very fast. i don't know much about the A5000.

My understanding is that the A5K is a good bit better/more than the A4K. It certainly has been on some top notch trucks since being released a few years ago and is still doing pretty dang good for some of them - I think Burkhardt and Scriminger both still have A5K as does some others up around 800rwhp. :eek: So yeah, it's capable of powering a good bit more than that A4K.

C-ya

I don't think you could go wrong with one or the other. You are limiting the classes you can run by going with the A5K if you plan on pulling it. For your current setup, the A4K would work fine and allow you to pull in the 2.6 class if you pull the twin cp3's off. I feel bad for that poor motor!

I don't think you could go wrong with one or the other. You are limiting the classes you can run by going with the A5K if you plan on pulling it. For your current setup, the A4K would work fine and allow you to pull in the 2.6 class if you pull the twin cp3's off. I feel bad for that poor motor!

The local pulling rules around here allow 2.8 or 3.0(cant remember which one). He has been running the 4000 with twin cp3s for several pulls now. I think what he is trying to say is would it be worth the money to go to a 5000 since he already has the 4000.

Thanks Brad, thats what i was trying to say, but it just wouldn't come out right.I know that i'm on borrowed time,and i'm going to run it till someting gives,then build it up to the Max----DURAMAX !!!!!

Last edited:
We've already seen it come apart once, thats where it got the name Run-a-way

alot of classes are going to 3.0, i would look at a A6K, they measure 3.0 i believe, the A7K is even bigger.......

Back