AAM rear and front heavy duty u-joints and yokes

HT3500

IDK ANYTHING
Maby this has been brought up already but who makes them and does anyone know if there is bigger yokes or drive flanges available and has anyone gone to one piece drive shaft on a quad cab 3rd gen long bed...BTW I'm pullin with a 03 auto and thrashed 3 yokes and u-joints. I just went to the bigger setup out of a standard truck just want something better...I understand standard spicer joints are standard measurements and AAM stuff is metric is this true??

it sounds like you have an issue somewhere else causing the ujoints to fail. do you have traction bars? ever get wheel hop? are the yokes or drive shafts damadged at all?

Buck, you can use an OEM 1-pc aluminum shaft from a 6.7L - don't have the part #s handy (there's a bunch of flavors)... also it's relatively inexpensive to have a driveshaft made for the length, diameter, material & yokes for what you want.

well I heard quad cab auto long bed is too long for 1-piece steel. I've seen the aluminum but not sure how it will hold up, I'm pullin full time with my 03 now....and ya I'm runnin traction bars and suspension stops, not my first rodeo was just lookin for input on bigger stuff if it's available(ie custom u-joints like ox brand or bigger stronger yokes). I have the joint that come in standard trucks 1485 series non greasable now will see how this does...

I have talked to a lot of the major companies that
Build drivelines for the off roaders a few are working
On the front shafts but not a top priority

Maby this has been brought up already but who makes them and does anyone know if there is bigger yokes or drive flanges available and has anyone gone to one piece drive shaft on a quad cab 3rd gen long bed...BTW I'm pullin with a 03 auto and thrashed 3 yokes and u-joints. I just went to the bigger setup out of a standard truck just want something better...I understand standard spicer joints are standard measurements and AAM stuff is metric is this true??

Yes you could say the AAM stuff is metric, what exactly are you doing though with the truck?

You're pulling what ?

you're making lots of hp/tq ? the 1410 stuff doesn't have a issue even with modified stuff not being thrashed.

What yokes are you wrecking ? and how ?

As for the 1pc this truck is 4x or 2x and length of shaft

Last edited:
The truck is 03 4x4 auto qc long bed dually..And I am sled pullin and the 1410 stuff does not hold up for me anyways...I have since went to all 1480 stuff, got 2 hooks so far will see what happens.

I have thrashed the 1410 yoke at t-case and the one behind carrier so far, the truck should be 600hp or so. Both times hard to say if yoke or u-joint let go...

The spicer 1485 will hold more than the stock axles will take, that's the next weak spot.

Broke the ears off the slip yoke at t-case then the other was yoke on shaft,
I was in 2nd low converter locked...

Back