added a new truck to the collection today.

jallan

Smoke show
10c04317-17c5-4ee9-9c94-7150e1b7a8cf_zps05a468a3.jpg
[/IMG]

08 with delete's and a H&S mini max.
87bfb1fd-1bef-4f52-be0b-37aa4d16d374_zps43e87126.jpg
[/IMG]

I am just now educating my self on the mini max but reading so far how do I come across the overdrive tune for the programer? or is there a better tune for it also how do I tell what is on it?

Thanks Justin

Nice truck!

Overdrive is for the trans...any H&S dealer can get you the unlock code. I think it's a couple hundred bucks for the unlock. I've got it on mine and love it! Nice to go thru town and not be in 6th gear with the tc locked!!

I can't remember how to tell what tune you have!!! Been awhile since I looked. H&S website is very helpful, since I can't remember!

Go to menu, show settings. Scroll down and it will tell you if the trans tuning is unlocked or locked. If its locked then you'll need the od unlock. It will also tell you which tune version you are running incase you want to update it..

Thanks Dave!!

Instead of updating the mini....just get some MCC love from the above poster!

tunr questions

Im a little slow on the uptake but what is mcc tuning?
I've got 4 trucks on mini max and would love some additional options especially on
The 5500.

Maxx Calibration Control. It is kind of like EFILive. Does lack things that EFILive provides. You could custom tune each individual truck.

Yea the c&c are a pain,
How do I get ahold of mcc or training to use it?
Anybody on here got any pros or cons or experience they can share?
Thx again for the input

I would PM Dave Matthews. He does MCC tuning and he offers a learning tune...or he did...you buy a tune and he would leave it unlocked and talk with you over the phone on what he changed and why. Then you could "fine tune" it yourself. But, you need to educate yourself on how tuning works before you jump in both feet!

I've chatted with Dave over email...stand up guy. Very helpful!

Sorry, I don't first hand experience on pros and cons. I know one con is no data logging. So you can't diagnosis a problem with the tune...kinda going in blind.

Nice truck!

Overdrive is for the trans...any H&S dealer can get you the unlock code. I think it's a couple hundred bucks for the unlock. I've got it on mine and love it! Nice to go thru town and not be in 6th gear with the tc locked!!

I can't remember how to tell what tune you have!!! Been awhile since I looked. H&S website is very helpful, since I can't remember!

I am going to look into this for sure I do not like how it shifts so early into gears while going so slow.

Justin

I love the OD tuning in mine! Keep posting updates...gives me more ideas for my truck!

Back