Adding Door Light Question

TRUBBS

Can You Keep Up?
asked this over on the nation but didnt get much help, i want to add some L.E.D. lights into my door to come on once its open, but my E99 doesn't have the wires or any of that for them. my question is does anyone know what wire i would need to tap into for a "door ajar" power source? thanks for any help!

Does your have any wires at all in the door other than the speakers?

Use a test light to find it. The door pry doesnt have the switch wires in it. You'll have to tap the wires at the door switch

Not too sure on the E99. From memory the door ajar switch is in the actual door latch. Cant remember if its one or 2 wires. Seems like it grounded to tell the pcm the door was open and to turn the dome on.

Does your have any wires at all in the door other than the speakers?

nope dont have wires at all for it. another memeber over on the nation checked is e99 to find he didnt have any either.

Tap into the dome light harness and run it from there. Or if you have a light in the footwell area tap into that.

i just ended up pulling the headliner and tapping into the dome light wire then running it to the doors. got to still do the passanger side tho i ran out of wire, as well as i need to find CLEAR light covers, the red ones dont let ANY light through them

on a side note, i fubarded something up in the process, i no longer have dash lights or taillights?

Dash lights and tail lamps are on the same circuit (fuse). Time to find the hot wire that you grounded.

the only wire i tapped into was the one under the headliner then just grounded the led to the door skin. ill have to check everything again tho. do you happen to know what fuse number the dash/tailights are on?

Back