advice on leaving the line

mcmullentrucks

i have a 99 f-350 that i am going to try pulling sat night. it has a south bend dual disk clutch in it. Whats the best way to leave theline.

Put throttle to floor... Slip clutch til boost comes up... Then let it eat... Pretty straight forward.

Not trying to jinx you but Fords, especially those years are real prone to hopping. Don't be surprised if it does, and don't try to drive through it. They seem to only get worse until something let's go.

agreed with lights out. if it starts hoppin let out and lay back in. the consquences probly won't be good if you try to drive through it.

C'mon guys!!! You can't win in this sport if you lift!!... However if you don't wanna break, you should probably listen to what they said

Try the three count method. Count to three from when you start to release the clutch until its all the way out. That should give you a smooth start.

I've seen more hopping in the radius arm fords than on the leaf sprung ones. But if it's a street dual disc don't try too high of a gear or you'll be buying a clutch soon.

Back