AFE Pro Gaurd 7 = 2+ MPG - NO JOKE

Gas Sucks

Experienced
a week and a half ago i installed an AFE Stage 2 w/ Pro Gaurd 7 and adjusted spedo with smarty, my fuel mileage had been horrible before, the best i had gotten previous was 13.7, i was averiging 13.2 to 13.7 mpg, my spedo was also off by 2mph and ive been so busy i hadnt had time to adjust it, anyway i filled up yesterday and i got 16.5mpg, i was driving between 70 and 75 with a few burst to 100 passing some people, i drove 325mi on half a tank where i had only been getting 225 to 235 on half a tank(truck has 8k on it), so i filled up and headed to my hometown to take care of something i drove about 80mph there, went to the store 30mi drove 80 to 100 there and back!!, piddled around town, helped my dad and got up this morninig and drove 85 to 95mph back to go to work tonight, i have 265mi on a half of a tank now, i really thought it was a fluke that my mileage went up that much but looks like it may be here to stay

Last edited:
They say the truck will break in after 10k miles and youll get better mileage then

Gas Sucks said:
a week and a half ago i installed an AFE Stage 2 w/ Pro Gaurd 7 and adjusted spedo with smarty, my fuel mileage had been horrible before, the best i had gotten previous was 13.7, i was averiging 13.2 to 13.7 mpg, my spedo was also off by 2mph and ive been so busy i hadnt had time to adjust it, anyway i filled up yesterday and i got 16.5mpg, i was driving between 70 and 75 with a few burst to 100 passing some people, i drove 325mi on half a tank where i had only been getting 225 to 235 on half a tank(truck has 8k on it), so i filled up and headed to my hometown to take care of something i drove about 80mph there, went to the store 30mi drove 80 to 100 there and back!!, piddled around town, helped my dad and got up this morninig and drove 85 to 95mph back to go to work tonight, i have 265mi on a half of a tank now, i really thought it was a fluke that my mileage went up that much but looks like it may be here to stay

im somewhat unenlightened but - how big a tank is dodge putting on these days? 40ish im assuming (by those numbers)?

the tank is 35gal, i have filled up 3 more times and all tanks have been right around 16.5mpg, which is along way from the 13.5 i was getting before i put it on, i guess the beast needed some air, hopefully when the beta 4.4 comes out i will get even more MPG's

Once it is broke in you will probably see with and intake exhaust and programmar around 20 mpg

Buddy of mine picked up 3 MPG with a TS MP8. Hand calculated on his 06 Mega 4x4 dually. He gets a constant 21 or so.

I had a friend pick up 7.5 MPG with his 08 Ferd..... No Chit!

He added one of those TCB Modules that hooks up into the cigarette lighter, he made it from Michigan to Florida in 1.5 tanks of fuel.

He also had an AFE PG7 filter...... we thought it was the filter until we read the July issue of Diesel Power Magazine. We now know it was the TCB Mod.

:hehe:
JacktheBear3 said:
I had a friend pick up 7.5 MPG with his 08 Ferd..... No Chit!

He added one of those TCB Modules that hooks up into the cigarette lighter, he made it from Michigan to Florida in 1.5 tanks of fuel.

He also had an AFE PG7 filter...... we thought it was the filter until we read the July issue of Diesel Power Magazine. We now know it was the TCB Mod.
:hehe::cheer:

ha...ha!!!! ive forgot more about diesel performance bolt on parts than most of you will ever know!!! ive had 24 trucks since i was 16 and all but about 4 of them i modified all by myself and all of my friends and about 250 to 300 other trucks. however i was just as astonished as everyone else is to find out that i picked up that kind of mileage. i am getting about 500 to 550 miles per tank where i was getting about 400 to 425 and that all changed the minute i put the CAI on my truck

I wish I could get your kind'a fuel economy........ 13.5 @ 75 MPH for 350 miles. What gives?

Gas Sucks said:
ha...ha!!!! ive forgot more about diesel performance bolt on parts than most of you will ever know!!! ive had 24 trucks since i was 16 and all but about 4 of them i modified all by myself and all of my friends and about 250 to 300 other trucks. however i was just as astonished as everyone else is to find out that i picked up that kind of mileage. i am getting about 500 to 550 miles per tank where i was getting about 400 to 425 and that all changed the minute i put the CAI on my truck

Brass Deal..... :clap:

Hope you build another 300 trucks and continue to help our group evolve.

true leaders are so hard to findLOLLOLLOL:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::Cheer::Cheer::Cheer::Cheer::Cheer::Cheer:

i think i may have to move to ohio so i can lear to be a comedian also!!:shake:

Back