AHU TDI Racecar??

vinniehobart

Time to finish my car. Who on here has some fast ET and MPH in their TDI? what motor? injectors? turbo? Im running a gt2052 in a 98 Jetta with pp764 going to R520 and a 11mm pump here soon. Slowly collecting parts to build the spare AHU with some ASV pistons, Rosten rods, stage 2 cam. want to see how far I can take this little 2700lb front wheel drive car. Hoping the stock bottom end holds up while the other motor is getting built. Clutch and studs should be on their way if Kerma ever sends them. Would LOVE to see 13s (ideally 12s) with a gutted interior, single seat, custom dash. Figured its impossible in a 2wd FWD car. Also looking at doing some Dirt Drags with it in the Manual/2wd classes. A $1200 TDI with 120k miles why not :badidea: . Best time on stock turbo, PP764 and malone tuning was 15.4. figured thats good for a little car.

Talk to turbom700, jfettig, or Andy2, they're a wealth of information. Andy is running a ppump, but it takes a good bit of work. I went with a 12mm 've, because it's cheap lol

Ya. If I could only get my hands on a Land Rover mTDI Pump. Got a buddy in Germany right now that is looking for one for me and another one in the UK. from what I understand the Land Rover pump is a mechanical VE and will be essentially a simple conversion. Trying to go mechanical is a little more plausible since I have a AHU motor. I wouldnt think about it if I had an AHL since you have the Q-loader and custom tuning is WAY easier to play with. Im hosed on a AHU unless I switch to fully mechanical. I was wondering if going to a AHL wiring harness and ECU would work. my harness is out anyway do to a thermal event with a ground wire and a signal wire.

Got it running and drove it right to ennis this weekend. 700 degrees, 3 lbs of boost at 80-85mph instant throttle response. It's fantastic! 44mpg at 2.4mg/str. Very smooth power. Building the shorty right now so I'm daily driving her. Going to play with IQ a little more and see if 50mpg is possible at high highway speeds

it dont smoke much at all! just drove 600 miles in her. had a 200lb toolbox in the back, 5r110, 6.0 intercooler, heads, and another 200lbs of stuff. averaged 46.2mpg like this. cruising 80mph boost was at 3-5psi and 750-800 degrees.

it dont smoke much at all! just drove 600 miles in her. had a 200lb toolbox in the back, 5r110, 6.0 intercooler, heads, and another 200lbs of stuff. averaged 46.2mpg like this. cruising 80mph boost was at 3-5psi and 750-800 degrees.

I'd like to see how she sat with 700lbs in the back lol

It was a fun experience. Now i picked up a 93 mercedes with a om603 for $1000. So the TDI motor is probably getting pulled and put in something rear wheel drive (samuari) over the winter and spring. The TDI is getting blow by pretty bad (40lbs of boost isnt helping), so i think it's time for the Daily to become a project once again.

Back