Air compressor

bags1010

Rockstar
Anyone have a way to get a part number for the smallest air compressor that will fit on the 12 valve. I have seen 3 different models already that fit on the accessory drive and then the vacuum pump bolts to it. Would be nice to use this air for my suspension instead of the 3 electric pumps I have now. Or actually...does anyone have one?

you wanting a cummins air compressor or just a compressor that will bolt up?

Just one that will bolt up and be reliable. I don't want any adapters or longer belts or anything like that.

I have one, its a 2 cylinder gear driven compressor off a bus that had air brakes and a 5.9 in it. its still sitting in my closet though. I can fit it in there if I completely remove my vacuum pump and power steering. the engine mount is in the way. so far I have an electric vacuum pump off a new ford diesel, now I need to figure out what to do with my power steering. im thinking about getting a belt driven hydraulic gear pump to run my steering, and a winch. but they are $$$. supposedly it will put out 18cfm at idle. someday I will get it in there.

I adapted an onboardair.com onto a 12 valve for a while. It worked good, just needed a stronger mount than the 5/16 bolt. I was going to weld mounting tabs off of the picking eye but ended up putting it back on a 24 valve. The york makes a good air compressor.

air/comp

bags1010 said:
Anyone have a way to get a part number for the smallest air compressor that will fit on the 12 valve. I have seen 3 different models already that fit on the accessory drive and then the vacuum pump bolts to it. Would be nice to use this air for my suspension instead of the 3 electric pumps I have now. Or actually...does anyone have one?

The Viair 550 series is 100% duty cycle. I have a 500 series that runs my air suspension & train horns. I also have 1 in my work truck that is used for air tool warranty.Both seem to work well. Hope this helps.> B.

alot of frieghtliner medium duty bus chassis had a 24v with a bendix air pump that had a hydraulic pump mounted right on it a small unit but they run air brakes, suspension and doors on a 34ft bus just fine and hold around 125to150psi. i can try and get a vin# from one if your interested in the pump setup.

Back