Air to Water IC Efficiency

Timebomb

Bootney Lee Fonsworth
Just wondering if anyone has checked compressor outlet and intake temps to see how much there Air/Water IC is cooling ? Just put one together and its dropping temps 452 deg. Just wondering if it could be better, my guess is its about as good as its gonna get.

Coop

Just wondering if anyone has checked compressor outlet and intake temps to see how much there Air/Water IC is cooling ? Just put one together and its dropping temps 452 deg. Just wondering if it could be better, my guess is its about as good as its gonna get.

Coop

So many variables, I would say you should monitor air and water inlet and out let temps to see if you are maximizing your differential.

So many variables, I would say you should monitor air and water inlet and out let temps to see if you are maximizing your differential.

I agree there should be TT on inlet and out of both the air and water to see if there is a lot of exchange. I weld cores together all the time for a couple of diesel shops in the area, they are trying to maximize the surface area for heat transfer.

With the $499 frozen boost cooler I saw 650 compressor outlet temps and between 100-175 degrees intake air temps. That was with one water pump and using the stock inlet/outlet on the cooler. I think it would do better with dual water inlets/outlets and two pumps though.

Back