All gears are gone 47RE

wagoneer

Need some transmission help please.
Today when I was testing my truck, suddenly all gears was lost. Nothing. No D,2,1 or R. When I shutdown the engine and waiting 30 seconds and then starting the engine and put the drive in, I can drive maybe 50m and then no gears.
I measuring the line pressure and its ok(75psi) in start and then drops to 0.
Is there possible,that the line pressure regulator inside the valve body is broken and dont hold the pressure? Any ideas? I removed the valve body, put the transmission guy is in holiday so I have to find a way to fix it.
The race is on this weekend so I do not have much time. So any ideas are welcome.

The transmission is 47RE(4x4) and valve body has built by DTT(almost 6 years ago)

Thanks in advance

Clogged filter due to bushing material.
Changing fluid and filter will get you some time. Get ready

I have seen the speed sensor cause a similar issue. I changed gov solenoid, transducer, filter and fluid before trying the $20 speed sensor and that's all it was for me that time.

Clogged filter due to bushing material.
Changing fluid and filter will get you some time. Get ready

I would have thought when he dropped the VB, he would have seen that, unless it is the internal one.

I vote filter as well, you telling us you can shut it off and drive a bit before it clogs again is a dead give away.

My brothers 48re did the same thing. It was the filter being clogged. He changed the filter and got a little borrowed time. It needs built now.

Thanks for the information. I will clean up as much old oil as I can and put it back together with new filter and oil.

I had this once, filter was it. But its clogged for a reason, so like mentioned before get ready for a bigger issue.

Thanks for great information. :bow: :bow: :bow: I put the new filter and oil, and its running again.
Damn,sometimes I hope I never started messed up with my truck.

Back