Aluminum fuel cell

AHall

Hobbyist
Anyone know a place to buy a reasonably priced fuel cell with two -12 an outlet ports?

I've had two made by boyd welding. They will do anything you want. I've taken their existing designs and had them change a couple fitting and dimensions.

http://www.boydwelding.com/

I got mine on jegs website when they had a coupon promotion.

Looks like some good options. What was the price on the above? I see $150 fuel cells and I see $1500 bladder cells. None that quite meet the criteria. Looking for a 10ish gal cell. Frame is 22" wide. Would like an easy option to mount. No problem building tabs or flanges to accommodate, within reason. I'm not a scientist.

Mine is a 15 gallon aluminum one with out the sending unit. It was around $200 if I remember right.

I'm not ready to tackle aluminum yet. And after bungs, material, and cap you're not gaining a whole lot by doing it yourself. Found some 10an units that'll work great.

Jump in head first, aluminum tig work isn't near as difficult as people make it out to be. The only time it gets tricky is when you are welding ultra thin materials or thick materials onto thin materials. Dirty materials are tough as well, but they don't belong in a fuel cell anyway.

Back