Another 1000 HP Duramax

Meh. I don't know about a dmax but a 950+ fuel only cummins is pretty nice as long as your foot isn't heavy. :D

Meh. I don't know about a dmax but a 950+ fuel only cummins is pretty nice as long as your foot isn't heavy. :D

You certainly don't drive any of them with the big tune on the street, and if you do you want it in 4x4 if you do get on it a little.

Actually I've ran around with mine cranked and it's not that bad, you don't have to use all of the pedal.....

I certianly wouldn't leave it up in the rain though. It will catch you off guard even turned all the way down.

I just wanted to post a congratulations to my boss, Jim Jones, for finally making 1000 HP with his 2002 Duramax. He is also a professional firefighter, so he asked me to take his truck to a dyno event for him today. We went loaded for bear. The truck has a fully built motor from SoCal diesel, a set of custom built twin turbos, dual CP3s, bigger injectors (not sure on the specs), EFILive tuning from IdahoRob, a transmission that was built in house by Jim's performance diesel business, a two stage nitrous system, and a laundry list of various other modifications. He has been shooting for a 1000 HP dyno sheet since he got the truck back together late last year, and we were fortunate enough to make it today. This was with 0% correction factor. Here are the numbers:

Fuel only: 898.5 HP and 1660 Ft-Lbs of TQ

With spray: 1053.1 HP and 1844 Ft-Lbs of TQ

It should also be noted that this truck isn't a dyno queen. Jim races the truck as often as he can. It was at the NADM Texas Nationals race last October where it ran a 10.7 in the 1/4 with a small shot from one stage (the second stage was deactivated). This was on street tires with a race weight of almost 7000 lbs. It is going in for a roll bar soon.

Here are a couple of pics (vids are uploading right now). Thanks to Danny for taking them.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Congratulations Jim and all who were involved with the truck :clap: :rockwoot:

Awesome numbers. Hella sleeper truck! I miss my LB7, I think they are one of the best looking trucks on the road.

Amazing truck. you have my complements. :Cheer: I would build my D-max up but a Cummins is eaiser and cheaper to get those numbers out of. Good job and good luck with 1000hp on just fual :bow:

Back