Any run the Transgo Tugger HD-2?

oldschoolPSD

My Trucks are Obsolete
Well its springtime again... that means its time for another reman E4OD:bang

Money is a serious issue in my trans desicion, a BTS or Monsterbox would be great but I've only got $2500 to work with here. I ordered a stock reman from Ford for $2200, but I want to give it a helping hand.

Is anyone running the Transgo Tugger HD-2 kit on a stock tranny? My buddy has been building E4OD's for the county for 10+ years. He says the pump mods that come with the kit will be a big help holding the power, and the added pressure when its manually locked in 1st will do wonders for it on the pulling track. It sounds like the way to go, but I don't know anyone that has experience with it.

the trasgo tugger is a great mod I put one in my 99.5 4r100 the 4r100 and the e4od are identical ex for a few changes int the v body and soliniod group it gave me a great 1-2 2-3 shifts 1st gear launch is incraedable just slam you in the seat. how ever most people will tell you to change to an aftermarket v body factory tech valve bodys are very good for about 225- 250 $ I got my tugger and when you start to drill out the shift reprograming plate drill ".030 over the size they tell you to for a good solid shift. good luck

camojeeper, do you remember what you drilled yours to??? I want to pull mine back out and firm up my shifts....

Back