Any suggestions?

red dodge2

i got a buddy that i go to school with, and he's thinking about buying him a 99 cummins and start sled pulling. anyone got any suggestions i should tell him?

i got a buddy that i go to school with, and he's thinking about buying him a 99 cummins and start sled pulling. anyone got any suggestions i should tell him?

Wait until he is out of school. $.02

thanks for the laugh, i needed that.

i heard that!! If he goes dirty tell him to :bang

tel him to get some injectors, built tranny/clutch, at least s300 based charger, redline box stacked with a smarty or tst or Quad. i would reccomend redline/smarty stack. some type of lift pump. my aremotive a1000 works awesome. intake and exhaust. NO 53 BLOCKS!! thats just the very tip of the ice berg. that will get him started and not last place.

Last edited:
Get a 98 Dodge with a 12V instead of the 99 with the 24V...

Get a 98 Dodge with a 12V instead of the 99 with the 24V...

or get an 03-04 CR. those years are less prone to melting down and can be easily turned down to drive on the street which i am assuming he is going to do. if it's strictly puller i would either go 12V or CR. just know what your messing with when you go CR, you play with fire you'll get burned!!

Ive got an idea, p-pump the thing and ditch that vp44. Its gonna be reliable. Start from there.

i got an idea, tell him to spend all his time and money on ppumping it, and once it's done, rip it all right back off for no reason and put a vp back on it. :poke: :clap:

Don't build a pulling truck its expensive :badidea:

Thats actually the best post Ive seen on this site! LOL You are right, unless youve got a ton of money you wanna burn. Cuz Im a prime example of burning money on the pullin truck and its NOT WORTH IT!:bang

i would turn it into a pro street with 3.0 turbo. it is really not road worthy but it is the most economical truck pulling class if you are into it hardcore.

tell him if he is really wanting to do pulling to build a 3.0 truck from the begining it will be alot cheaper then starting small and alwas changing things to move up and bring a big!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wallet because once you pull once it never ends.

Back