Any VW techs here? 2012 TDI question

ALLMTR5.0

Disturb The Peace
Any VW techs or anyone remove the stupid plastic misfuel guard in the fuel filler tube on a 2012 golf tdi? The station I like to fill up at(closest to home) only has the truck style nozzles and it is a real PITA to fill up with out spilling diesel everywhere. I know it was put in there somehow so it has to come out:lolly:
TIA

Any VW techs or anyone remove the stupid plastic misfuel guard in the fuel filler tube on a 2012 golf tdi? The station I like to fill up at(closest to home) only has the truck style nozzles and it is a real PITA to fill up with out spilling diesel everywhere. I know it was put in there somehow so it has to come out:lolly:
TIA

I would like to know as well, the regular pumps even do it with mine sometimes.

I would like to remove the one in my 06 as well. I will be watching this.

So....the fill hole in the VW isn't the same size as the standard diesel nozzle? That's pretty dumb

Still for US market, it should fit US nozzle, no?

I've been looking at a new TDI, never heard of this before.

The auto size nozzle fits just fine(almost you still have to hold it so it does not fall out). It is the truck(high speed) nozzle that won't fit, you can still get fuel with it but takes for ever to fill up that way. Also with the plastic piece in there it makes it hard to see the fuel if you are trying to "top off" the tank

Nothing?
I have looked without taking anything apart and still can't figure how it comes out. I am not going to experiment on my brand new car.:badidea:

The nozzles with the wire give my wife fits. I'd like to get it outta there.

Here is a pic
95FF4EE9-758F-488F-AB3A-3EFE179B4F13-1637-000001F2D1E132E6.jpg

Just looked at my 11 and it looks just like the picture, mine appears to be a molded part of the plastic filler neck, short of going after it with a long handled razor I think you're SOL

Back