Anyone familiar with GM sunroofs?

B.A.Ram

A Big Deal
If so I've got a question about a leak - yesterday I had three leaks in my truck, one coming down the driver a-pillar and dripping out below fuse panel, one coming down the passenger a-pillar dripping out same position as driver side, and the third was coming out of my built in speaker above driver. When I got home I poured water down both front drains and it exited up by the back of the front fenders like it is suppose to so I assume they are hooked up and not clogged. I also poured water over the two XM antenna things and nothing, I pulled the gasket back that runs alongside the top of the door frame and it exited out down the door jamb, I also poured water over the third brake light and down the back rails without any issues. I'm stumped as to where it's getting in. Any other obvious spots to check without pulling the headliner?

No cab lights - drain seemed to drain pretty quick with water bottle but the pressure would make sense to test the xm antennas and sunroof seal although I'm trying to mimic rain. Wonder if the seal around the top of the front windshield is notorious for leaking?

Blow out the tubes with an air gun. Sun roofs weren't ever ever designed to be water tight. I worked at a GM Dealership for 8 years and I have noticed several tubes get a kinked or cut while removing and installing the A-piller. I've also seen several cab lights leak and factory windshields leak. Best thing to do is a tape the water hose to you cab facing the sunroof. Climb inside and relax. Wait for it to leak and look around.

Back