Anyone have a 5-600 RWHP plow truck

95ram

I'm thinking about turning my 98 12v up, but not if it's going to effect my ability to plow snow which is it's main purpose. I know all about the regular stuff. Maybe put a valet switch for when plowing? Would this bring the power down enough?

my old setup made 540 1006 and i plowed alot with it last year. you get into a parking lot with an 8 foot plow and it will throw some snow. just keep a close eye on tranny temps. i put a second cooler on with a fan and it did a pretty good job. the only time it would get hot is if i was plowing a parking lot for a good hour straight.but let it set in netrual for a few minuits and your ready to go again.

I'm thinking about turning my 98 12v up, but not if it's going to effect my ability to plow snow which is it's main purpose. I know all about the regular stuff. Maybe put a valet switch for when plowing? Would this bring the power down enough?

UMM, what is a valet switch going to do on a 12v?:poke:

I have one, but mine comes with a little up/down button that controls more than the plow.LOL

i made 562 with a single, plowed all winter, switch to twins twice and still plow, no problems.

I know two guys who plow snow and way over the 5-600 mark...

One guy is Lloyd Mills whose CR truck just went 890 on fuel and he plows with it.

The other guy is from Upstate NY and plows with his 24v and is over the 600 mark,John DiMartino.Matter of fact if I can find a photo of him which I know I have he also plows with twins and his truck is loaded heavy with a salt spreader and wing plow.I do realie you were asking about 12v's but,I wanted you to know guys do work their rides.......Andy

Back