Anyone know anything about a 909 P7100 pump?

BigD-Diesels

Journeyman Mechanic
I picked up a #909 p-pump was suppose to be out of a school bus. What little I have found says its a 230hp pump (supposedly) Anyways any info would be appreciated

Looking for

Does it retard timing on the top end like a 215 ppump?
Barrel and plunger size?
Timing specs
if it already has 191 delivery valves or bigger?
Govenor info (looks to be different)

Thanks

Please post Bosch # and we can help you ..:poke:

So seems to be a cummins part # 3283517 6BTAA-220HP pump CP#2249

Anyone heard of this? Or used one?

Also noticed it has 045 delivery valves. Look very different from the 191's I'm use to.

Anybody? Really just wondering about the top end retarding of the timing?? Also maybe a suggestion on initial timing?

THanks

the OE bosch timing is 5 degrees for pump , wich would be 10 on motor . it has 12mm p&b's ( 369) wich i believe it does have the retard notches . still has RQV gov that should breakaway at 1295 gov (2590 motor)

Thanks, thats kinda what I thought... Never seen the delivery valves tlike these though, they say 045 on the side of them and there is no shoulder.

DV's

I have the same delivery valves in my pump. I talked to Seth at DPE and he told me they are constant contact delivery valves. I sent mine to him to have them cut to a full cut and he said there was no shoulder so they were already considered a full cut.

Thanks.... Anyone have an idea how these would act differently that regular truck DV's?

i have one same part number , like to know what hp pump it is , seen other thread on here said it was a 175 but im new and looking for info before i post

I sent mine to him to have them cut to a full cut and he said there was no shoulder so they were already considered a full cut.

Not exactly, they have a valve inside the stem. I have converted them before, but it takes way too much time to be worthwhile.

Here you go, take about an hour per piece.

DV3.jpg

DV4.jpg

Finally put the pump in, runs nice and clean but seems to be lacking in power and the ability to produce smoke. I ground the plate down and slid it all the way forward along with the star wheel and the afc housing. What could be keeping this thing from pumping out the fuel?? Would the govenor be different causing the power to come on differently? Or would the constant pressure delivery valves be holding it back? I tried swaping in a set of 191's and it actually seemed to smoke a little less.... I measured everything I could and it appears to be a 12mm pump, and according to the class #'s on the pump it's very similar to a 215hp pump in that it retards the timing as the rack travel increses.

Anyone else run a bus pump with success?
Thanks

I've had the same problem with my pump. It was a 190, and the dv's looked just like yours except mine said 600 on them. I put in some 181's and had to change the dv holder and hold down. I also had a 0 plate in it, cranked the star wheel, and it ran better, but not like it should have. Then I threw some 4ks in it and that helped. It runs healthy now, but not like I wanted it to. I Called a pump shop, and they told me that they could set it up to support 500+ horse. However i picked up a 913 for a song, so i'm not sure what i'm doin with my 190 now.

Back