anyone running the Banks Big Hoss intake?

I have had a Bank intake on order for 5 months, just got this one last week. There is no way a PPE dual CP3 kit will fit. The PPE uses the three bolt holes where the APPS used to be on the 03-04 trucks. Banks has made some Bosses where these thress holes are but the are much higher and further back by about 1 inch. I did fab up my own brakcet to make the PPE work but no where ever close to the origonal design.

I can post some pics if you like.

Malcolm

ZZ fab can use the grid heater if you want, just have to make the piping to the intercooler different.

My experience on my '96 is I can start down to about 0F without grid heaters when I don't plug the truck in. It's a rough ordeal, wouldn't want to start it like that on a regular basis, but the 413,000-mile Cummins does light off. It has the .010" over head gasket. Adding an double or triple dose of fuel conditioner especially with cetane improver will help aid starting.

Banks called me a couple weeks ago because I had asked about one of these intakes. They said they had a casting issue and that trucks pushing over 85 psi were at risk. They stopped production for a while and redid the casting with more (nickle?) to strengthen the unit and they say now that it is rated at well over a 100PSI without issues.
This is what the sales rep had told me. same price for the unit, around 800, but they now have a heavier duty design as to last summer that they say should withstand well over 100PSI.
Once again this is what I was told by a Banks sales rep.

I have also heard even with the newer design you can't run the Dual CP3's theres another guy on another forum that had problems with it.

I have a ZZ Fab regular not a side port. Cause it would fit with a P Pump I want a side port that will fit with a P Pump

Back