arp head studs (lube)

fordcummins1992

boost guy
i just bought a set of studs from zstroken and they are used is there any alternative to lube i can use on them for putting them in of do i have to use arp's lube

also another quick question what kind of boost numbers will a set of arp 2000's hold in a 12v they are the newer ones he said which dont need rocker pedastle machining.

I use anti-seize every time, and have never had a problem. You'll get 15 different guys telling you not to, so take it fwiw. With anti seize, you might want to add 3-4% more tq. than the arp lube spec.

I personally wouldnt use anti-sleeze, but hey if it works

White lithium grease, engine oil, gear oil etc... just make sure you use some kind of lube!

I put them in the block with anti seize, used arp lube to tighten them down.

We use ARP lube - it's cheap insurance... shortcuts = warranty work.

ARP lube here, and re-applied at each re-torque.

Paul

I use a paste made out of ARP lube and molybdenum disulfide powder. It keeps the nuts from sticking to the 625 studs.

I use a paste made out of ARP lube and molybdenum disulfide powder. It keeps the nuts from sticking to the 625 studs.

good info thanks was trying to figure something out to help that issue.

Danny

The ARP studs I've used have had two torque ratings, one for ARP lube and one for motor oil. You may consider contacting ARP and see what they have to say about it.

The last engine I built (just finished it up) I used Molykote on all the fasteners. I *think* that it is very similar or the same as what the ARP lube is.

I was told by ARP motor oil for the treads going into the block is fine, but use their lube for the threads you torque the nut down onto.

Don't think of it as "have to use" ARP....you'll find it is great stuff to have around. I got a small jar from Summit and I use it on tons of stuff. Works great...one of my favorite products.

Don't think of it as "have to use" ARP....you'll find it is great stuff to have around. I got a small jar from Summit and I use it on tons of stuff. Works great...one of my favorite products.

Keep it in the night stand? LOL

The ARP studs I've used have had two torque ratings, one for ARP lube and one for motor oil. You may consider contacting ARP and see what they have to say about it.

The last engine I built (just finished it up) I used Molykote on all the fasteners. I *think* that it is very similar or the same as what the ARP lube is.

straight 30wt motor oil

Back