Assuming Optima Red Tops are still the "thing?"

Oh I agree.

After (of course after) I bought a battery for my 91 12v I found out interstate makes a group 31 agm. Everyone else I looked at, with exception to Oddsey, was lead acid for a 31.

So what did you buy?

I haven’t bought any new vehicle batteries for many years since I got a digital battery desulphator. I find a couple sulphated batteries in the core pile at work, put them on the pulsetech for about a week and they work like new for 3-5 years. Can’t do that with an AGM!

what brand are you using?

I was asking about the desulphator you use? what brand is a good one?

Sorry, crazy day. It's a Pulsetech Xtreme dual station. Just last week I pulled a stone dead autozone battery out of a parts truck I have out back. No idea how old the battery was or how long it was completely dead. Plugged it into the desulphator and about five days later it was a perfectly good battery. To be fair, in my experience with such an extreme example the battery seams to have slightly less capacity and it's usually done for good about three years afterward. Still, I can't believe everyone that wrenches in any way doesn't own one. Like I said earlier, it's paid for itself countless times over. I went with Pulsetech because it uses a digital signal to desulphate the plates instead of blasting them with shots of high voltage like older models. Works excellent.

Last edited:
1131PMF is the lead acid part number. It’s a “sealed” maintenance free design but understand some are still wary. Removing the passenger battery I found some acid in the bottom of tray like the AC Delco 65 boiled over at some point...OEM crossover cable was hurtin at 15 years so not surprised if it over charged.

In my mind if you live somewhere that doesn’t get below freezing often, you might as well ditch the grid and passenger battery and all the BS issues with batteries fighting each other, corroding cables etc. Plus there’s some ridiculous real estate now to start a hairdryer collection!

If anyone wants the cable measurements for single battery conversation PM me.

I ditched both batteries under the hood and put one under the cab on the frame rail, it feels like you could lay down and take a nap in the engine bay now

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Back