ATS Big Foot Manifold

Just buy a ats manifold and put an adater plate on it if you feel like you need a new maniflod, unless your sure you want to run a t6 charger id either run just a stocker with an adapter plate or option one. Maybe im wrong and im sure ill get corrected but this early in the game I would think your money would be better spent elsewhere and performance gains would be minimal if any. Unless your maniflod is already cracked then do what you want.

Not sure what your really after......

I dont know what your going for because you pretty vague on your question. The ATS Big Foot has the same exhaust exit location as the T-3 ATS "standard" manifold or even the stocker for that matter. The size of the outlet is just increased in size to a T-4. So technically it wont make it any easier to run the exhaust than any other manifold. It will just accommodate a T-4 turbo housing without an adapter plate. I was just looking at one Monday as Jerrod Glovers pulling truck is torn down at the moment and it was sitting on the work bench.

I am sure there are more people with alot more knowledge with these hopefully they chime in for you.

Oh I thought I heard somebody say if u got the big foot u could get the turbo mount moved, they must have been wrong.
Well where can I get a manifold that would be easy to mount a s400 and run it out the hood. It seems like everybody has their own way of doing it. I was just wondering if anybody made kits to do it so ther would be less customizing.

There might be, its just not something I know of. As far as the Mount being moved I am not sure about that either, Ive only seen the one location. Do you already have the turbo? Which exhaust housing is on it?

no I don't have the turbo yet. but with a spacer or adapter I would think it would clear the manifold. wouldn't it?

Last I heard you wanted to run Indiana truck pulls right? They do not allow exhaust to exit out the hood.

Ya I know but I'd still like to know in case I want to change to DHRA, for a few pulls they have in Indiana. I've seen a truck already set up for both. hes got the stack out the hood and a stack in the bed of the truck and changes it back and forth for Itpa to Dhra. and open classes

2.8 DHRA class prohibits hood exhausts. I don't think you want to step up to the 3.0 class with water that DHRA is offering. Unless you have some serious coin in your engine/driveline you will get your ___ handed to you. Do you have a 13mm pump?

Ur right I don't unless I won the lotto. I thought the truck I saw was a 2.8 with pipe through hood unless he changed chargers when he ran it through the hood. for 3.0 class. Do many people do that?

He could have bushed it down to 2.8 and put the stack in the back. I am guessing most people set their truck up for one charger and run that. Now they may pull in other classes they are legal in. If your new to sledpulling, set your truck up for the 2.5 class that ITPA is offering. Get to know the regulars, there are some great guys in that group. There will be several roller cam engines in the 2.8 class this year. It just isn't the class to start out in. You can have a 500HP truck in the 2.5 class and learn about setup etc. Basically in the 2.8 class your gonna need put in a minimum of $10k(probably $15k in additional funds to your truck) in that class to be consistently in the top 3 or 4

do u know of anybody in 2.5 I should look for to take some pointers from? I don't remember who all is in 2.5. isn't that just like workstock class?

Just remember too, if you run the 2.5" ITPA class you can switch right over to DHRA's 2.6" class or NADM's 2.6" rule, with no changes to the exhaust at all!

-Tom

Hellmann makes a manifold that the exhaust exits flat off the side of the head. Check it out on his website

If you find good welder,cut ATS original plate of and weld new and bigger plate to manifold (what ever angle you want).

I bought from ebay used ATS maifold with cut/weld adapter

Back