Aurora 5000?

whitelightnin

Thinking about running a Aurora 5000 as a single what do you guys think? Currently in the process of building a 12v , motor is out of the truck, here is a list of current mods
Mods:
12mm benched pump 700cc (from scheids)
5k gov springs
LC delivery valves
no plate
.093 lines
airdog
5 way valve job
5X14 injectors (might go 5X16 or 5X18)
going to port and polish the head
ARP studs, rod bolts, and main studs
Buying Steed speed manifold
going back with fly cut pistons
rotated and balanced bottom end
currently have pdr cam, thinking about selling and getting hamilton cam
How do you think this turbo will do, and this setup? its not a daily driver but it is driven some on the street and i sled pull a few times a year. All opinions welcome, thanks guys

you have way more motor and fuel than that turbo.

that being said it was way more fun than the silver64 i relpaced with it, the gt4202 was more fun than the A5k.

if it is not your DD I would consider more turbo, but thats just me.

I guess if you pull the rules would determine your turbo for you. big singles are fun, I would prefer the twins myself.

T3 or t4 ? Run one on a truck with more fuel than you have and it's def not street friendly charger . Can be bit loves to bark and surge with light to moderate throttle . Runs best up high. But this is also do to the tight t3 housing with that large compressor . Limits your rpms on the high side also. Just my experience. Mine is k31 based charger from industrial . Some are s300 based.

you couldnt pay me to run an a5k on any vehicle

As long as you plan on making power from 2000rpm on up they seem to do awesome. Don't spray em without a gate, and don't overspeed them! I hit 60psi by 2,500rpm on mine when the truck had a single.

If twins are on the table I don't see why you would be considering a laggy single.

If twins are on the table I don't see why you would be considering a laggy single.

Most pulls don't allow twins. Everyone b!tches about ATS turbos but I've not heard a good reason why. Yes nitrous will obviously destroy it since there is no wastegate, but if you spray a non gated turbo your retarded..and deserve the carnage.$.02

Most pulls don't allow twins. Everyone b!tches about ATS turbos but I've not heard a good reason why. Yes nitrous will obviously destroy it since there is no wastegate, but if you spray a non gated turbo your retarded..and deserve the carnage.$.02

I totally forgot the pulls part when I posted that. Fail on my part...

Anyone? I ask seriously because I am thinking about going from my 4k to a 5k.

You can buy more turbo for less money.

Maybe so, but the A4k was on the truck when I bought it, bought new from ATS by my brother. ATS has been really cool about everything and will upgrade me to a A5K for cheap(ish). So not really in my case.

I still like em...I could spool my A5K with a converter that was tighter than stock, most need to go looser to spool a 71mm charger.

Mine didn't like shifting into OD at 3K rpm with 3.55 gears, but I think holding it out to 3500-4000 would have worked fine.

Back