Aurora Series. Any one

4000 or 5000. Im running 205s for fuel, truck is fully built. I just need a charger. But i also drive it a 100miles a day up and down so cal. I think the 5000 would be a hassle with lag and surge but not sure if it could be tuned out enough for daily driving.

Last edited:
A 71 is way too big for a daily driver but it is great on the track if you can get her spooled.

A 66 can be driven daily but it isn't fun. You will find that most of the time, you have way less power than with your stock truck. Then you hit the track and remember why you chose that big of a charger. You will have smoke and lag with a 66.

A 64 can work very well, but you won't be getting everything out of your sticks. The little bit of lag that you will have isn't that big of a deal. By changing your driving habits slightly, this charger can be driven daily. Good power but not as much as a 66. This is probably going to be the best overall charger for your truck if you (I’m assuming your truck is also lifted).

If you drive inland, where the day time temperatures reach upper 90 to low 100’s a 66 or bigger is going to suck. If you say by the coast where the high gets around 88, a 66 is doable. You will just need to change your driving style and deal with the lack of power 90% of the time. During rush hours (you know most of the time) you will be driving around with very little boost. So, expect to get cut off a lot because you cannot fill the gap in front of you quick enough, otherwise you will smoke out everyone around you.

The truck has 325/45 r24s just a two leveling kit. It also has a higher stall converter from elite i think it was a 2100 or 2200 would this help with lag?

Im mostly inland about 45 miles from coast so yea temps are consistant 90.

higher stalls help manage lag, but lag is still present (if that makes since).

Hey red like the artical you have on the meg.. have few questions? is your 64 good on a daily driver and do you tow anything with it??

thanks! its good for daily driving. a lot better than the 62/80 i had. i havent towed anything yet, i would like to, but i dont have anything real heavy.

Back