auto to 5speed swap

buggyman311

i just did a auto to 5speed swap on my 98 12 valve. i tried starting it and it wont do anything. could it be since the wires on the tranny are not hooked up it wont start. any help would be great.

I don't know if its similar to a 95, but there is a 3 pin connector for the auto tranny. Two wires is for the reverse light switch, the other wire is for the park/neutral safety switch. Ground the safety switch wire and it should crank for you.

there is a ground wire that needs to be grounded to the frame. just put a connector on it and self tap it to the frame.

okay now i can run that up to my clutch cylinder an hook it to one of the wires and ground the other so i can have a neutral safety switch correct?

In an auto truck, the harness that the clutch switch plugs into has a jumper in it. This connects to that wire underneath that needs to be grounded. Hook the clutch switch to the harness under the dash, ground the wire under the truck and crank it. Or leave the auto jumper in place, and you don't have to worry about pushing the clutch in.

The 3 pin plug the middle pin will be the neutral pin the outter two are for park and reverse. Basicly you can bypass your neutral safety switch by just running that pin to the frame or you can run the wire to one side of your slave cylinder 2 pin connector and then run the other side of the 2 pin slave cylinder connector to a ground so when the clutch is depressed your pcm will recieve neutral and okay to start signal. Also not sure if you did or not but you will need a starter spacer to engage the flywheel properly.

The 3 pin plug the middle pin will be the neutral pin the outter two are for park and reverse. Basicly you can bypass your neutral safety switch by just running that pin to the frame or you can run the wire to one side of your slave cylinder 2 pin connector and then run the other side of the 2 pin slave cylinder connector to a ground so when the clutch is depressed your pcm will recieve neutral and okay to start signal. Also not sure if you did or not but you will need a starter spacer to engage the flywheel properly.

That wire in the 3-pin harness goes under the dash and has a jumper in it. Take the jumper out and plug the clutch harness into it. No need to run extra wires. Just ground the one underneath and go.

Starter spacer is only needed for 13" clutches.

i have a 13in clutch but it seems to start fine grounded the wire fired right up
why do i need the spacer

The HO's 13" clutch moved the ring gear towards the motor vs. of the 12" clutch/auto flywheel, so they used a 1/2" spacer. IIRC, my starter wouldn't go in with out the spacer installed, so if you don't have interference issues now, it might be fine. Talk to the clutch manufacturer to be sure. I thought there was something about the newer 13" flywheels didn't need the spacers anymore.

HELLO

I drove 7 and 1/2 Hours to pick up this SO CALLED BUILT tranny...I was putting the parts in my 47rh.. Yeah I got the shaft. Nothing billet inside! Just spent another 600.00 on the good band and billet accumulators.I will show you the bill for the stuff i ordered I guess I have to wait with my truck down till I get enough money saved up to buy a BILLET SHAFT! and pictures if anyone does not believe me! NOTHING! I did receive the Good torque converter and billet flex plate but as far as all the SO CALLED GOODIES !!! YEAH I GOT THE SHAFT................1700.00 I'm pissed asked him if he wanted to split the price of a shaft and I haven't heard nothing from him......3 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He did load it with a friend of his...He said he bought the shaft and took it to them to install.... YEAH..... BEWARE!

THANKS BUGGYMAN311 :soap::soap::soap::soap::soap:bifbifbif:doh::doh::doh::bang:bang:bang

Merchant
Performance Automotive
2134-A East Texas St.
Bossier City, LA 71111
United States
318-742-7754
patcparts@suddenlinkmail.com
Note from merchant
The merchant hasn't sent a note.
Description Unit price Qty Amount
trans parts
Item # $612.00 1 $612.00