Balancing 12 valve rods

super duty04

When balancing the 12 valve rods where is the best place to remove the excess weight to get all the same weights? I have 3 rods that weigh 2089grams and 3 rods that weigh 2099-2104 grams. I have already ground the casting ridges on the sides of the rods. Any help is greatly appreciated.

for the big end, grind off edges of square on the bottom of the cap. on the small end, grind off the top side of the rod. this is assuming you know you have to balance the ends separately.

When balancing the 12 valve rods where is the best place to remove the excess weight to get all the same weights? I have 3 rods that weigh 2089grams and 3 rods that weigh 2099-2104 grams. I have already ground the casting ridges on the sides of the rods. Any help is greatly appreciated.

When you ground the casting ridges down. Did you just grind the roughness off the edge or, grind the ridge all the way down to the beam?

When you ground the casting ridges down. Did you just grind the roughness off the edge or, grind the ridge all the way down to the beam?

I ground the ridge flush with the beam. Some rods had a tall ridge and some not much at all.

Back