BD intercooler? Opinions?

97crewcab

Wrong.
Anyone running a BD intercooler? Good/Bad/Indifferent?

Have an opportunitiy to get one just wondering if it is worth it. For use in a 2.6 puller.

stay away from them, i heard some guys blowing the welds apart on the end tanks, go with Banks, Hellmans or Spearco

The one I was looking at turned out to have stock tanks. I don't think I want to go that route if I am going to spend the money on an intercooler. I will just use a 24v stocker for now.

There are two guys at LCD with blown BD intercoolers. From what I understand, BD wouldn't stand behind their product at all.

Go with another brand.

I bet hellman would stand behind his...

Untitled Document

Jp is right but the newer bds have cast tanks, but they are bigger than stock tanks.From what I have heard is the cast tank are not having problems.I will be getting a BD down the road

not sure on the BD's, but I know quite a few folks running the HTT cooler with good results, highest rated cfm throughput of them out there.

Jp is right but the newer bds have cast tanks, but they are bigger than stock tanks.From what I have heard is the cast tank are not having problems.I will be getting a BD down the road

Really? Even after they wouldn't stand behind thier old units?

BD is a nightmare to deal with as far as warranty..... take there short-throw shifters for instance..... they ALL break in the same spot, just above the ball.... my friend has busted 2 of them, the first came on the truck. the 2nd he bought because they told him warranty wasn't transferable (they are the only ones that make them as far as i know) the 2nd one snapped, we drove all the way to abbotsford AGAIN, and they wanted him to pay for the 3rd. We told'm to **** their hat and walked out.

If i have ANY problems with this BD trans in the next 70,000 miles or so before my "warranty" runs out and they tell me to eat it, i'm ripping it out, putting in a 6spd, tossing this POS through there front window, chugging a bottle of exlax and running around there office sh!tting on everyone and everything i can.

Just another company in a long list of vendors/distributers that axe customers for cash.

hel!, try phoning there office and try speaking to someone about one of there products.... it'll take probably 5-10 mins of them transfering your call around the building until one of them realizes "hey, the 1 guy here who knows his head from his @sshole ain't here... could you try phonin a bit later?"

BD is a nightmare to deal with as far as warranty..... take there short-throw shifters for instance..... they ALL break in the same spot, just above the ball.... my friend has busted 2 of them, the first came on the truck. the 2nd he bought because they told him warranty wasn't transferable (they are the only ones that make them as far as i know) the 2nd one snapped, we drove all the way to abbotsford AGAIN, and they wanted him to pay for the 3rd. We told'm to **** their hat and walked out.

If i have ANY problems with this BD trans in the next 70,000 miles or so before my "warranty" runs out and they tell me to eat it, i'm ripping it out, putting in a 6spd, tossing this POS through there front window, chugging a bottle of exlax and running around there office sh!tting on everyone and everything i can.

Just another company in a long list of vendors/distributers that axe customers for cash.

hel!, try phoning there office and try speaking to someone about one of there products.... it'll take probably 5-10 mins of them transfering your call around the building until one of them realizes "hey, the 1 guy here who knows his head from his @sshole ain't here... could you try phonin a bit later?"

Wow! :hehe::hehe::hehe:

i wish i was joking about that.....

give'm a call and see man, it's f^cking pathetic:soap::soap::soap:bif:blahblah1:

I have been running a banks intercooler for awhile now, it has been great. But this year I am going to go without one at all, so it is for sale in the for sale part on here

BD Intercooler here also. I called most of the manufacturers out there and only BD was willing to share developement info...they were very willing to share data and drawings. That made the sale for me!!

I have had it on my truck for about 3 months...so far so good..holds 60 PSI just fine and can support more airflow than ther stocker.

Back