BDS Recoil traction bars

QMFB

Fastest Welder in Texas
Stumbled across these today while shopping around for traction bars. First thought was " heck yeah, those are awesome", then immediately realized that I couldn't think of a good reason to have a spring loaded traction bar... any thoughts on this ? Or better yet, anybody run these ?

I feel these are good for daily drivers to reduce axle wrap and keep a smooth ride. It's a good idea behind it but if your putting a lot of power down I don't think those are doing to help you.

I'm thinking the suspension will still bind to some degree dependent upon how much the suspension needs to cycle. A single bar setup like this will prevent axle wrap but will NOT allow the axle to move in an arc as the suspension cycles. Thus, causing the binding. A ladder bar setup with a short shackle at the frame-end will prevent axle wrap while allowing the axle to move in an arc and prevent the suspension from binding.

So probably a compromise option for a higher powered, LIFTED truck then.

Might still be good on the wife's 09. Running 10" lift on 38's.

These might be an option. I need to look at tje clearances around my air ride. Id like to put traction bars in when I put my Lorenz shock towers and fresh built remote res fox 2.0s in the front.

Not sure on the fitment differences between the 07.5 - 09 3500 4wd.

Back