Bedside rusted through

ryan.g

Hard work, clean livin'
I know there are some people on here who have done bodywork for a living. have some experience with body work and have heard mixed opinions as far as repairing the rust hole on my bedside. I have heard that patching metal back in will rust right back out. I've also heard that you can fiberglass back in the rust hole.. To me, putting the metal back in seems the best way to do it. Now, my question is do any of you know a far better method? If you do, What can I do to help prevent the rust from returing? I would like to make sure that I just do this job one time. Thanks alot!

You can have the whole bedside replaced. Or cut out and weld a patch in. Or cut out and use seam adhesive when patching. Make sure all the rust is gone and the area is clean and dry before starting your work. Be sure to seal it up on the back side after you're done. Body work isn't hard if you have the proper tools, it's just time consuming.

Thanks GFB. Those were the options I considered. I had autobody in high school but just didnt know if there was maybe a better way that someone has experimented with that proved a longer lasting fix.. Thanks alot though man!

A new bedside or a whole new bed is the only "long term" fix. I went through the same thing.

Back