Best 2 & 4 post lift brands

MegaCabRam

Looking for a 2 & 4 post lift both capable of picking up 4 door dually long beds and ton box trucks, guessing the weight probably 12-14k lbs. Would like to just use the the 2 post on the box trucks for tire, brakes etc... to try and avoid buying the jacks for the 4 post.

Last edited:
Everyone will probably suggest Atlas lifts. But I prefer Bendpak over them by far. I've seen and used both Atlas and Bendpak is much better for just a little more money.

Or are the jacks with the 4 post a better option than messing with a 2 post heavy enough for the box trucks?

Also how long does the runway length on the 4 post need to be for 4 door long wheelbase trucks?

We have 3 Rotary lifts in the shop. 12k 2 post, 15k 2 post, and an 18k 4 post with the jacks. Not sure how long it is,but its long we fit our international rollback on it.

I can get more info on the lengths when I get out of the tree stand.

In the three year since we built this garage we have had 0 issues with any of the lifts. Our old eagle lift had something wrong constantly.

What about clearance under the lift? Could someone 6'3" walk under these lifts and not have to duck down?

I'm 6' and there's no problem taking it high enough to where I can't even work on it. They have 3 heights and we installed them at the highest on both the two posts. We have 15 foot ceilings.

I personally don't like working under the 4 post unless it's strictly driveline work. Sucks going in and out for tools but you can lay everything on the lift also.

Mohawk. No questions asked. They are the caddilac of lifts. Check em out. http://www.mohawklifts.com

Edit, as a testimonial, we have 3 in our high traffic shop. The oldest is probably 20 years old now, the next 15. The only thing we've ever had to do to either was replace the push button up switch on the older one. We use the CRAP outta these things too, 6 days a week.

Last edited:
Never heard of Mohawk, gonna check them out. I have been looking at Challenger, Bendpak, and Rotary for my shop.

I'm really wondering about ceiling height for the box trucks on a 4 post, I know there almost 10' tall so I'm not sure how tall of a ceiling it would take, anybody have a rough idea?

Just add the lift height of your lift to whatever the height of vehicle your lifting. If your box truck is 10 feet and your lift lifts 6 feet you need atleast a 16ft+ ceiling

I'm really wondering about ceiling height for the box trucks on a 4 post, I know there almost 10' tall so I'm not sure how tall of a ceiling it would take, anybody have a rough idea?

Best thing about the Mohawk too is that you can run your hydraulic lines in the floor or in the ceiling without having to deal with cables or a bump on the ground. They are fully hydraulic and nothing runs across from post to post except for 2 hydraulic lines.

The atlas are way cheaper but they just kinda worry me since there not ali certified, bendpak looks like the way to go.

bendpak does look good but look at the differance in lifting heights. i know my friends lift only goes about 69 inches and its a pain to work under for somebody as my height,im 6'1.

I have a 15k triumph. Had it for about 6 months now, had good luck with it so far.

Back