best all around injector

no dude, just because the price is higher, doesen't mean that is it is going to be a better inj., there are many examples to name, the one that sticks in my head is a DDP3, it's just a overpriced marine 370, you can normally buy a set of stock bosch 370's for like $350 back in the day, i think they have come up in price a little bit since then, DPP charges you $750 for a set of "370's" that basically all is altered on those injectors is the pop pressure is raised. soo you are paying an additional $400 for them to raise the pop pressure!???? you could have bought another set of 370's! i fell for that scam about 3 years ago, if i knew then what i knew now, i never would have bought those injectors...

Wes
I thought DDP3's are extrude honed? I didn't realize there injectors are just out of the box 370's with a raised pop pressure.

If the DDP's(370's) are a bad injector, why do you still run a "massaged 370" if there are better options out there?

Why put them back in when you already told me that the Micro blind nozzle is going to make 30-40 hp more than the VCO. What could I do, tune to make the VCO's a little more streetable, but have an overall horsepower drop?

Thing is, you have spent how long setting up your truck to run well with the DDP4's, and you throw something different in, and it does not immediately perform, so that means it won't for anyone else? They most likely may not make as much power as a 155° micro-blind, but I would say your comparison is a bit one sided.

I understand some when it comes to nozzle types, but that isn't what the question is about. Everybody wants to know how the injectors perform, with the number one question of what kind of horsepower do they make?

There is no perfect answer, the best injector for one person isn't the best for another. I think what would fit the broadest spectrum of applications would be a 6-hole sac type nozzle 145° cone angle.

Because he already had them.
So there a worked over DDP3? He could have sold them and bought a "cheaper better injector" and probably had some money left over. If people think there bad, why polish a turd if it's still gonna be a turd?

Thing is, you have spent how long setting up your truck to run well with the DDP4's, and you throw something different in, and it does not immediately perform, so that means it won't for anyone else? They most likely may not make as much power as a 155° micro-blind, but I would say your comparison is a bit one sided.
From what I consider tuning(Afc, plate posistion, plates, clicks on the GSK)was all done in my first night on the dyno. 2 hours and 16 minutes from run 1 to run 12. All of those remain the same as I set them up on that night, although I did have the GSK in and out to do the 4KGSK middle spring/no middle spring comparison(thank you for that, I still don't run the middle spring:Cheer:). A lot of the time on the dyno has been different comparisons...Air filter/no air filter, heater grid/heater grid delete, Dv's, DV holders, plates, turbos, stock cam/Diesel Pro's cam, timing, SDX/DDP, and the latest was trying out a Tork Tek OFV vs Shimmed/respringed OFV.

There is no perfect answer, the best injector for one person isn't the best for another. I think what would fit the broadest spectrum of applications would be a 6-hole sac type nozzle 145° cone angle.
Should we just tell the original poster to buy all makes, types, and sizes because only one will be the best all around injector for his truck?

So there a worked over DDP3? He could have sold them and bought a "cheaper better injector" and probably had some money left over. If people think there bad, why polish a turd if it's still gonna be a turd?

Not for what it will cost him, resale on a DDP 3 isn't that great. With the right machine work, I can make them fit for what he is wanting.

From what I consider tuning(Afc, plate posistion, plates, clicks on the GSK)was all done in my first night on the dyno. 2 hours and 16 minutes from run 1 to run 12. A lot of the time on the dyno has been different comparisons...Air filter/no air filter, heater grid/heater grid delete, Dv's, DV holders, plates, turbos, stock cam/Diesel Pro's cam, timing, SDX/DDP, and the latest was trying out a Tork Tek OFV vs Shimmed/respringed OFV.

I still think your timing is the issue behind them not working for you.

Should we just tell the original poster to buy all makes, types, and sizes because only one will be the best all around injector for his truck?

Same response; I think what would fit the broadest spectrum of applications would be a 6-hole sac type nozzle 145° cone angle.

From what I consider tuning(Afc, plate posistion, plates, clicks on the GSK)was all done in my first night on the dyno. 2 hours and 16 minutes from run 1 to run 12. All of those remain the same as I set them up on that night, although I did have the GSK in and out to do the 4KGSK middle spring/no middle spring comparison(thank you for that, I still don't run the middle spring:Cheer:). A lot of the time on the dyno has been different comparisons...Air filter/no air filter, heater grid/heater grid delete, Dv's, DV holders, plates, turbos, stock cam/Diesel Pro's cam, timing, SDX/DDP, and the latest was trying out a Tork Tek OFV vs Shimmed/respringed OFV.

Did you ever post the results of this comparison, I'm curious about your findings?

Cylindrical blind-hole with the late pintle design, 8 orifices on an impinged pattern. 2-axis EDM then extrude honed and balanced withing 1% total hydraulic flow with a flow sheet to match.

ha what would something like that cost lol

Not for what it will cost him, resale on a DDP 3 isn't that great. With the right machine work, I can make them fit for what he is wanting.

Yeah, I bought a set for $300...made the truck lope like crap between 1000-1400RPM, but so far is making decent, clean power...378/998 with just my pump tuning:hehe:

I'd still be in the market for a set of higher power, clean, smooth injectors...everyone needs a 450hp tow rig, right??

Chris

Had same lope/rough idle with the DDP 3's in my 95 with 191's. Swapped a 215 pump w/181's and it was worse. Weston built me a set of 5x12's and it smoothed out considerably.

Back